Wiki Posts
Search

Exec Plat card missing with wallet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2023, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Exec Plat card missing with wallet

The main advantage of this card is the phone number. My wallet with a lot of travel related cards went missing yesterday. I don't think the phone number should be publicized but can another Plat Exec member message me the number. In the meanwhile sorting out all the other items missing. Any help much appreciated
Old Nov 26, 2023, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
+1 800 843 6200

The number isn't a secret. It validates your phone number when calling. If you call from another, non-registered phone, it will prompt you for your AA number and then redirect you.
dw and VegasGambler like this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dwugson
The main advantage of this card is the phone number. My wallet with a lot of travel related cards went missing yesterday. I don't think the phone number should be publicized but can another Plat Exec member message me the number. In the meanwhile sorting out all the other items missing. Any help much appreciated
It doesn't matter what number you call the system recognizes your status and prioritizes your call based on that. There's no secret number for EXP that I know of.
Antarius and VegasGambler like this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Thanks for the rapid responses. Having renewed for an additional year this was especially frustrating.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for the rapid responses. Having renewed for an additional year this was especially frustrating.
Recommend adding it in your phone as a contact. Easier to quickly call in a pinch.

The main thing is your AA frequent flyer number. If you call any AA number, it will route you based on this. Especially important if you use skype or some other VOIP service to call from abroad/call an international desk. Unless you have the service linked to your registered phone with AA, it will prompt you for your AA FFN.

Good luck on the rest of the stuff. I don't envy anyone having to deal with the DMV
Old Nov 26, 2023, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Antarius
+1 800 843 6200

The number isn't a secret. It validates your phone number when calling. If you call from another, non-registered phone, it will prompt you for your AA number and then redirect you.
Originally Posted by Antarius
Recommend adding it in your phone as a contact. Easier to quickly call in a pinch.
The number is also listed under "Contact American" in the app.

They've also stopped mailing EXP cards, unfortunately, so even AA views them as not needed.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
The number is listed in the pass details if you add your AAdvantage card to your iPhone wallet, and you can just tap on it to call it when needed.
KBMIFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.