Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Wifi on flights over 4 hours now available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Wifi on flights over 4 hours now available

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by travelingdrsuz
That's nice of you. I don't need it this time, but it's a valuable gift these days! Hope you find a taker.
Yup...spoken for.
JackMackey likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
20 mins complementary wifi the other day from SFO-JFK.
Serms to work whilst sitting at thr gate as well, so no waiting until at say 10k feet.

That said, only $9 for the whole flight compared to $20 for 1hr / $29 full flight from MIA-JFK or ORD.
355F1 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 5:35 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, DL SkyMiles, AAdvantage
After using the 20 minutes on an iPhone you can go to your network settings and toggle the Private WiFi address feature and get a new MAC address (and clear your cookies or use an incognito window) making the system think it’s a different device. Then you can start a second 20-minute session.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elevatorgeek
After using the 20 minutes on an iPhone you can go to your network settings and toggle the Private WiFi address feature and get a new MAC address (and clear your cookies or use an incognito window) making the system think it’s a different device. Then you can start a second 20-minute session.
Oh, that's smart. You can change your MAC address on Android too (toggle between randomized MAC and phone MAC under "MAC address type", in the settings for the particular network, under "view more")
Old Oct 28, 2023, 6:13 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, DL SkyMiles, AAdvantage
On most laptops you can change your MAC address at will so you could have as many 20-minute sessions as you wanted.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by elevatorgeek
shhh…don’t feed the bloggers and we lose this trick
Old Oct 29, 2023, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I noticed on flights last week tmobile users get comp wifi for the duration of flight regardless of flight duration. No more choices between 1 hour and full flight just all comped full flight.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
I noticed on flights last week tmobile users get comp wifi for the duration of flight regardless of flight duration. No more choices between 1 hour and full flight just all comped full flight.
It depends on your tmobile plan. Some plans only get 4 full-flight credits per year (but still unlimited 1-hr sessions; 1 per flight)
Old Oct 29, 2023, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
It depends on your tmobile plan. Some plans only get 4 full-flight credits per year (but still unlimited 1-hr sessions; 1 per flight)
That's what I used to get....

wait ...I bought a new iphone 15 two weeks ago and changed my plan from the one plan to their new 5g plan. Perhaps my plan changing did that. Thanks for the tip.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA, WN
I'm on DFW-SEA flight on A321-neo and have this wifi function. It's limited to one 20-minutes connection per device. But you can change your MAC address to get another access.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
So what are the specific T-Mobile plans that offer this? Or where can I find the information?

I haven't flown in over a year, but we are flying tomorrow, and I noticed this note under inflight amenities "Free Wi-Fi is available to eligible T-Mobile customers." I am trying to find out if we are eligible.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnneeO
So what are the specific T-Mobile plans that offer this? Or where can I find the information?

I haven't flown in over a year, but we are flying tomorrow, and I noticed this note under inflight amenities "Free Wi-Fi is available to eligible T-Mobile customers." I am trying to find out if we are eligible.
It's listed in the plan benefits on the tmobile website. There are a lot of them so I don't remember the details but basically the more expensive ones get unlimited.

Even the cheaper plans get 4 sessions per year though. I'm on a $40/month prepaid plan and even I get that. There may be one bare-bones postpaid plan (I think it's called "essentials" or something like that) that doesn't even get the 4 sessions/year, though I'm not sure about that.
JohnneeO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.