Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admiral Club membership good at Alaska Lounge in Seattle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2023, 9:22 am
Original Poster

I’m flying through Seattle on an American itinerary but Alaska metal. Is it possible for me to use my Admirals Club membership to get into the Alaska lounge? If it makes any difference I’m platinum flying on a business class tickets.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Yes. I use it all the time. They'll ask for your physical card.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: AA-EXP; UA-Silver; Bonvoy-Titanium
Originally Posted by charmed
I’m flying through Seattle on an American itinerary but Alaska metal. Is it possible for me to use my Admirals Club membership to get into the Alaska lounge? If it makes any difference I’m platinum flying on a business class tickets.
If you have an actual AAdmiral's Club membership (paid or credit card), there is full reciprocity at all Alaska lounges, including the one in Seattle, for primary members (not for credit card authorized users). Status or cabin makes no difference.

In addition, if you have a paid first class ticket (not upgrade) and are flying Alaska metal, even on domestic flights, you can also get into Alaska lounges without any membership. Just show your boarding pass that says First Class (and not "U" fare).

If you have a Seattle layover, check out their new lounge at the N gates (short train ride required), it's gorgeous and they have actual baristas for all your coffee needs
TWA884 and charmed like this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by enviroian
If you do not the physical card, prepare to wait while they call AA to verify your membership.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 1:11 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by PowerLu
In addition, if you have a paid first class ticket (not upgrade) and are flying Alaska metal, even on domestic flights, you can also get into Alaska lounges without any membership. Just show your boarding pass that says First Class (and not "U" fare).
This is no longer true for most flights. Only flights 2100 miles or longer in paid First are eligible.

As others have said, your membership gets you access, as long as you have the physical card with you. And you must be flying on either AA or AS.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by PowerLu
If you have a Seattle layover, check out their new lounge at the N gates (short train ride required), it's gorgeous and they have actual baristas for all your coffee needs
This is key advice - it's easily one of the nicest domestic airline lounges in the country, right up there with the new United Club at EWR. My only gripe is lack of showers, which sure would be nice after connecting from QR719 or other ULH routes. Also, the lounge in the C concourse is closed for renovations (or at least was last Friday). It is so quick and easy to get around SEA with the train system, so going to the N lounge is absolutely necessary.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
I was just in both in N and D. N is much larger and excellent tarmac views if you like plane spotting it's really exceptional. I think it's worth the short tram ride to get there. Also the Centurion Lounge in Seattle is excellent. Better than the Alaska Airlines lounges. D is nice as well but smaller.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MorganB
I was just in both in N and D. N is much larger and excellent tarmac views if you like plane spotting it's really exceptional. I think it's worth the short tram ride to get there. Also the Centurion Lounge in Seattle is excellent. Better than the Alaska Airlines lounges. D is nice as well but smaller.
I assume you mean C, since the newly renovated D lounge is not reopening until tomorrow.
Antarius and jerry a. laska like this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by Kacee
I assume you mean C, since the newly renovated D lounge is not reopening until tomorrow.
Yes sorry C! I was struggling to recall which one lol. Thank you for the correction. I edited my original post.
Kacee, charmed and Antarius like this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:08 pm

Programs: American Airlines ExecPlat, Asiana Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
Surprisingly last time I was in SEA and JFK last month, when I went to the Alaska lounges the Admirals Club info was attached to my AA#.

In JFK they asked for my AA#, entered it in their ipad and it popped up. In SEA they literally just scanned the boarding pass and said I was good to go.

Only ones that I have been to lately that do the call are both LAX and SFO, for some reason they are still on older software with the iPads that don’t show your status.

Still, bring a card just in case!
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Alex_I
If you do not the physical card, prepare to wait while they call AA to verify your membership.
Physical card?

The digital one works fine.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
Physical card?
The digital one works fine.
- I believe that digital Admirals Club card appeared in the American App like 2 months ago?
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
This is no longer true for most flights. Only flights 2100 miles or longer in paid First are eligible.

As others have said, your membership gets you access, as long as you have the physical card with you. And you must be flying on either AA or AS.
You can also access the Alaska Lounges on arrival if you are not connecting.

James
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
- I believe that digital Admirals Club card appeared in the American App like 2 months ago?
i can’t find one in my app, just my regular Aadvantage card, which doesn’t mention the AC.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 10:32 am

I am not sure when it was added, but I’ve had it in my Apple wallet for my last two membership years (over a year).
BWISkyGuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.