Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

carry-on limits in Domestic F (International connection)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

carry-on limits in Domestic F (International connection)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2023, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Question carry-on limits in Domestic F (International connection)

Hi all, Im hopeful someone with a bit more American Airlines domestic travel experience can help me here. Im traveling from AUH-ORD-LAS On Etihad and American. Im traveling for 1 week only and was hoping to take a carry-on only and not need to check a bag. I won't have issues on the Etihad but was planning on taking a Rimowa cabin (light weight one) and an Aer backpack (both pictured) i hear that a personal item like a laptop bag can be taken onboard along with an approved carry-on case. would these be ok? ive booked row 2 so i can stow the backpack under the seat in front and avoided the first row just in case.. the ORD-LAS is a 738Max if that helps with stowage options..

Backpack from Aer and Rimowa cabin..

Backpack from Aer and Rimowa cabin..
Old Mar 31, 2023, 5:33 am

Kelix

You should be fine. Lots of folks travel with bigger bags. If this in your first time on an AA domestic flight, you my be suprised what people carry on . They do try to limit to 2 items but even that is not always enforced.
kelix, KBMIFlyer, Antarius and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Yea shouldn't have any problem with that.
kelix and Antarius like this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks JJeffrey anc305 ! They have an interline agreement but as I’m ticketed separately I don’t want to push my luck with either checkin queues or TSA.

I arrive in the USA into ORD domestic as the US pre clearance is done in AUH so if I can get away with this as domestic carry-on in F I’d rather go for it..

Liquids and toiletry limits on domestic are ok? I’ve not seen much on this lately
Old Mar 31, 2023, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
AA's "official" size limits for full-size carry-ons and under-seat "personal" items can be found here:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...on-baggage.jsp

​​​​​​
Old Mar 31, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kelix
Liquids and toiletry limits on domestic are ok? I’ve not seen much on this lately
TSA hasn't changed these in a long time. See https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-...s%20per%20item.
kelix likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 12:39 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I’m traveling MEX-DFW-LGA in F on Monday with a very similar setup (Aer travel pack 35L and an Away larger carryon). My plan isn’t to check, so I’ll report back and let you know how it goes. FWIW when packed to the max, I haven’t been able to get my Aer when its fully packed to fit under the seats on AA’s Kodiak F product, but I don’t think you’ll have much trouble getting both into the over head bin. My plan is just to be one of the first people to board just in case. But either way, I doubt either of us will have an issue!
kelix likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

ha fender5787 ! pretty much the same situation I'm in. keen to see how you get on. I too intend to be one of the first on so I can potentially get both bags in the overheads, the second row is just a backup for under-seat if I fail to get to the gate on time after the flagship lounge stay.. 73Max is the oasis hard product?
Old Apr 5, 2023, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

How did you end up fender5787 ?
Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:41 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
How did you end up fender5787 ?
No problem *at all,* and honestly feel kinda stupid for being worried about it, ha! If you underpack the Aer and use the side compression straps, it’ll even fit under the domestic F seat no problem. Only advice is if you want to keep both the suitcase and pack in the bins above you, just be on time for group 1 boarding and maybe sit on the EF side vs and AB side (no bin storage above 1A/B.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fender5787
No problem *at all,* and honestly feel kinda stupid for being worried about it, ha! If you underpack the Aer and use the side compression straps, it’ll even fit under the domestic F seat no problem. Only advice is if you want to keep both the suitcase and pack in the bins above you, just be on time for group 1 boarding and maybe sit on the EF side vs and AB side (no bin storage above 1A/B.

thanks for the follow-up fender5787 were you on the 738 MAX or just 738?? I'm in 2A and 2F so might try and get across the aisle if that's the case for overheads or just row 1 AB?.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 11:33 am

thanks for the follow-up fender5787 were you on the 738 MAX or just 738?? I'm in 2A and 2F so might try and get across the aisle if that's the case for overheads or just row 1 AB?.
7M8s and 738s literally have the same exact cabin layout, so no difference. Just 1AB have emergency equipment above them in the overheards.
kelix likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.