Search

TPA my soon to be new home--bye bye DFW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2023, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
TPA my soon to be new home--bye bye DFW

I was in Tampa this weekend. I bought a new home. Anyway I'm moving there in 4 weeks. My business travels will for the most part route me around DFW which is a good thing moving forward. I was disappointed to see no TPA-JFK positioning flights except Jet Blue. Yes I realize neither is a hub but I thought enough traffic warranted it. Oh well. I ask as I wanted to fly to LHR via JFK.

Anyway it's a nice bonus having a very quiet AC to work out of. I wish they would get a coke freestyle machine though.

Hey does BA's daily to gatwick leave from F?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
I was in Tampa this weekend. I bought a new home. Anyway I'm moving there in 4 weeks. My business travels will for the most part route me around DFW which is a good thing moving forward. I was disappointed to see no TPA-JFK positioning flights except Jet Blue. Yes I realize neither is a hub but I thought enough traffic warranted it. Oh well. I ask as I wanted to fly to LHR via JFK.

Anyway it's a nice bonus having a very quiet AC to work out of. I wish they would get a coke freestyle machine though.

Yes it used to leave from the end of F when I was going to TPA weekly for work in ‘18 / ‘19. I’m assuming that it probably hasn’t changed.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United

Have you considered flying to LHR via BOS?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JPG3392
Have you considered flying to LHR via BOS?
A possibility but prefer JFK's multiple flight options. I *believe* only B6 serves logan from tampa.
JPG3392 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
A possibility but prefer JFK's multiple flight options. I *believe* only B6 serves logan from tampa.
Between AA and BA, 3X a day to LHR from CLT, PHL, and MIA; 5X a day from DFW. (From TPA, AA offers nonstops to CLT, PHL, MIA, and DFW.)
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Between AA and BA, 3X a day to LHR from CLT, PHL, and MIA; 5X a day from DFW. (From TPA, AA offers nonstops to CLT, PHL, MIA, and DFW.)
Thanks I know, but I'm trying to avoid flying to LHR via DFW again.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks I know, but I'm trying to avoid flying to LHR via DFW again.
OK; but that still leaves CLT, PHL, and MIA as alternatives, if you want to avoid B6.
enviroian likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
OK; but that still leaves CLT, PHL, and MIA as alternatives, if you want to avoid B6.
And don't forget about ORD and RDU.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's not so much avoiding JetBlue it's that I get zero benefits as an EXP flying them to JFK.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not so much avoiding JetBlue it's that I get zero benefits as an EXP flying them to JFK.
That's not quite true: You get two free checked bags on JetBlue as an AA EXP -- even on stand-alone JetBlue flights. And you get free Even More Space seats (35-38" seat pitch) for free, if any still remain at 24 hours before departure.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
I hope you find greater upgrade success here than you have been having in DFW
enviroian likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That's not quite true: You get two free checked bags on JetBlue as an AA EXP -- even on stand-alone JetBlue flights. And you get free Even More Space seats (35-38" seat pitch) for free, if any still remain at 24 hours before departure.
Well I don't check in luggage and we all know the chances of there being even more space seats available at the 24 hour mark is as about as probable as seeing C7 to Sydney.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat

Congratulations! Now you won't be constrained by the "but I'm a hub captive" narrative in your travel/loyalty decision making process.

Welcome to the 9.5/10ths of the population that have to connect on each and every trip!

Regards
Old Mar 27, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I think Spirit has extensive service out of TPA. Enjoy!
Old Mar 27, 2023, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bchandler02
I think Spirit has extensive service out of TPA. Enjoy!
lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.