Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight benefits during status downgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2023, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Flight benefits during status downgrade?

I currently have AA PPro status that expires on Mar 31 and will be downgraded to Platinum status on April 1. I also have a flight scheduled for just after midnight on April 1 with a potentially good chance of a free upgrade, but naturally my upgrade chances are better with the higher status.

Does anyone have prior experience with the timing of downgrades? My primary concern is whether I can I keep the PPro upgrade window up through 3/31 (and potentially have a confirmed upgrade) before my status downgrades.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 8:55 am

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Originally Posted by dibbzlive
I currently have AA PPro status that expires on Mar 31 and will be downgraded to Platinum status on April 1. I also have a flight scheduled for just after midnight on April 1 with a potentially good chance of a free upgrade, but naturally my upgrade chances are better with the higher status.

Does anyone have prior experience with the timing of downgrades? My primary concern is whether I can I keep the PPro upgrade window up through 3/31 (and potentially have a confirmed upgrade) before my status downgrades.
You will either be upgraded at the PPro availability window (as a PPro) or you will be upgraded at check-in (as a Plat).

Of course LP is the more relevant factor in the actual likelihood of getting upgraded.
dibbzlive likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.