Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Does AA still charge 150 usd for change / cancellation in certain countries?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:20 am
Original Poster

I searched for a domestic redemption in Brazil, CGH to SSA on GOL. It costs 7k5 miles in economy. But in the ticket condition, it states 150 usd for change or cancellation. On the general page of redemption tickets conditions, it also states that in certain countries the free change and cancellation is not applied. Is it the case for Brazil? Thx.

Old Mar 12, 2023, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
No, all awards booked with AA miles can be cancelled and miles/taxes/fees refunded for no fee.

For award tickets you can completely disregard whatever is listed under the detailed "fare rules" link, it is irrelevant and/or old, outdated fare conditions that no longer exist. AA just hasn't bothered to update these.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 8:24 am
Original Poster

I actually called AA and the agent I talked to told me that the free change and cancellation policy is temporary and subjected to modifications, which is the reason why they didn't update the links. LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.