Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Partner Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2023, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Partner Award Availability

I was looking to book MVD-GRU on GOL Airlines for March 13th via AA's website and redeem miles. The availability was there yesterday but has since disappeared today. There are seats available via GOL. Does the airline usually release more partner award tickets or should I just book through GOL at this point?
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
I was looking to book MVD-GRU on GOL Airlines for March 13th via AA's website and redeem miles. The availability was there yesterday but has since disappeared today. There are seats available via GOL. Does the airline usually release more partner award tickets or should I just book through GOL at this point?
sad that you missed it. you probably should redeem yesterday, you always have 24 hour (cancel or hold) options.
it would be hard to know if GOL will release more seats.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 12:17 am

Call AA to make sure before booking through gol. Partner availability does not always show up correctly.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vennichael
sad that you missed it. you probably should redeem yesterday, you always have 24 hour (cancel or hold) options.
it would be hard to know if GOL will release more seats.
The hold on awards, unless changed, is 5 days
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:55 am

Programs: AA explt, 5 million miler
Not always. I had just put an award for Cathay on 5 day hold. Next morning I got email from Cathay and a phone call from AA saying to book right away as 5 day holds are not guaranteed anymore. I didn’t have time to argue about they say 5 days and just booked it as I wanted it.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Happy to report back that the award tickets showed up again this morning, so I booked right away. I had booked the flight through Amex travel last night, but called and cancelled right away this morning before booking through AA. Hoping there's now overlap issue now.
AirborneLocksmith and njvandy like this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
All AAdvantage flight awards are now fully refundable, up until flight departure.
vennichael likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by paullgo
Not always. I had just put an award for Cathay on 5 day hold. Next morning I got email from Cathay and a phone call from AA saying to book right away as 5 day holds are not guaranteed anymore. I didn’t have time to argue about they say 5 days and just booked it as I wanted it.
With partners, you can also sometimes lose their segments before the five days are up. So after a couple of day you'll only have AA segments on hold.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by UAFLYER22
Happy to report back that the award tickets showed up again this morning, so I booked right away. I had booked the flight through Amex travel last night, but called and cancelled right away this morning before booking through AA. Hoping there's now overlap issue now.
glad to know the seat reopens and you were able to snag one
Old Jan 30, 2023, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The hold on awards, unless changed, is 5 days
yes, I don't what I was thinking when I commented earlier, maybe I am thinking about United. Since these companies vary on hold/cancel policy
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:43 pm

yes, I don't what I was thinking when I commented earlier, maybe I am thinking about United. Since these companies vary on hold/cancel policy
Does UA offer any hold period for award flights? I don’t recall seeing that option.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by AirborneLocksmith
Does UA offer any hold period for award flights? I don’t recall seeing that option.
no, that is why I wrote hold/cancel.
UA don't have hold option, you can only book and cancel within 24 hours.
AA wins on this aspect
Old Jan 30, 2023, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA PPro
I see the Malasia Air is a one world partner, but I never see their awards through the aa.com booking site. Any thoughts on how to book these partner awards. I see JAL and CATHAY just fine.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by tfizzle
I see the Malasia Air is a one world partner, but I never see their awards through the aa.com booking site. Any thoughts on how to book these partner awards. I see JAL and CATHAY just fine.
Redeeming Miles for Awards on Malaysia Airlines / MH (Master thread)
tfizzle likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 4:52 am

Could be the wrong place, but I cant find any availability for awards or even purchasing an Alaska Airlines flight on AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.