Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Pre selected meal choice no longer available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:57 pm
S80
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond

Was just doing a check of my pre-selected meal choices for an upcoming flight, and noticed that my selected choice was gone, it looks like the "Beef short rib with pimento mac'n'cheese" is no longer offered, at least on the 3 flights I had it pre-selected on. No courtesy email from AA either (not that I'm surprised at all). It's a shame too, since that choice seemed to run out on the flights that it was offered on previously.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by S80
Was just doing a check of my pre-selected meal choices for an upcoming flight, and noticed that my selected choice was gone, it looks like the "Beef short rib with pimento mac'n'cheese" is no longer offered, at least on the 3 flights I had it pre-selected on. No courtesy email from AA either (not that I'm surprised at all). It's a shame too, since that choice seemed to run out on the flights that it was offered on previously.
Mine are still there.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 4:18 pm

U thought AA would email you due to a change in meals?

Originally Posted by S80
Old Jan 19, 2023, 4:20 pm
S80
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 777lover
U thought AA would email you due to a change in meals?
Of course not
Old Jan 19, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by S80
So does it now show as if you have not made a selection at all?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 4:25 pm
S80
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Madison Guy
So does it now show as if you have not made a selection at all?
Correct, and the option is no longer available, with only the remaining 3 showing that were there previously.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by S80
Correct, and the option is no longer available, with only the remaining 3 showing that were there previously.
Hasn't happened like that to me before, but I have had several times where the FA tells me that my pre-selected meal was not available once on board. (Then again, I rarely check after initial selection!) I guess at least you can select from the remaining or eat before boarding. The preselection USUALLY works, but it is far from foolproof.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 4:35 pm
S80
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Hasn't happened like that to me before, but I have had several times where the FA tells me that my pre-selected meal was not available once on board. (Then again, I rarely check after initial selection!) I guess at least you can select from the remaining or eat before boarding. The preselection USUALLY works, but it is far from foolproof.
I've had the FA confirm my pre-selection, then been served the wrong meal before, so I agree - I just was looking forward to the short rib since it's my favorite of the domestic F meals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.