Search

Worst gate in the AA system?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Worst gate in the AA system?

What’s the worst gate in the AA system?

A few of the B gates in CLT, in my view, particularly B6. It has dual-lane boarding, but it’s cramped, has large mainline planes that use it and is thus really crowded, and the boarding lanes are compressed into an L, since space is so tight.

Any others?
onanisland likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
D38, D39 and D37 are nightmares at MIA, particularly if it's a wide body flight. Too many people jammed in a very small space.
ESpen36, enviroian and Hoi polloi like this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by EXP100
D38, D39 and D37 are nightmares at MIA, particularly if it's a wide body flight. Too many people jammed in a very small space.
Yep!
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
D60 the regional jet hell at MIA. Even the regional gates at CLT aren't that bad.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
53A/B at LAX

It has the weird, set-back door and the counter is hidden behind the bar/restaurant. It's usually crowded and difficult to make your way out of it when deplaning and exiting the plane/gate.
Plus, it just seems so filthy and rundown compared to everything else. Of course, this seems to be the only gate I'm ever using when in T5
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
D60 at MIA, and the old 35X at DCA. Basically a bus station, always overcrowded and very few amenities.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:50 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
A few of the B gates in CLT, in my view, particularly B6. It has dual-lane boarding, but it’s cramped, has large mainline planes that use it and is thus really crowded, and the boarding lanes are compressed into an L, since space is so tight.

Any others?
Originally Posted by EXP100
Originally Posted by OskiBear
53A/B at LAX

It has the weird, set-back door and the counter is hidden behind the bar/restaurant. It's usually crowded and difficult to make your way out of it when deplaning and exiting the plane/gate.
Plus, it just seems so filthy and rundown compared to everything else. Of course, this seems to be the only gate I'm ever using when in T5
Every gate at the current MCI terminal would fit these descriptions, no one can compete with my home terminal at this game! Thankfully we'll have a brand new terminal in three months time ...
MCI777, AAway, ksucats and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
H1 and H2 in ORD T3. It has the propensity to jam up cross traffic from H/K to G.
Exiled in Express likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by ESpen36
D60 at MIA, and the old 35X at DCA. Basically a bus station, always overcrowded and very few amenities.
Ah yes... the ol' 35X at DCA. That would get my vote, even though it's (thankfully) gone, now.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ESpen36
D60 at MIA, and the old 35X at DCA. Basically a bus station,.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
The first level gates in concourse G of the ORD terminal. G13, G14, and G15 maybe. No windows, nothing but a Starbucks and some restrooms.

2nd choice D2? at DFW. Nice brand new gates but it is a LONG walk from anything else.
jdawg, plinth857 and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 4:36 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KBMIFlyer
2nd choice D2? at DFW. Nice brand new gates but it is a LONG walk from anything else.
D1-D4 are the ones you're thinking about.

I'd say the 'floater' gates at AUS, gates 1-9. Far walk from the lounge, and shared with every airline there, and the whole airport is overutilized.
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 4:54 pm

AAs gate at SLC. You better like walking, because it is going to take you 15-20 minutes to get to the parking garage.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 5:03 pm

Anywhere in the "Eagle's Nest" at LAX

Edit: And every damn gate at PHX. Easily my least favorite airport for a layover. Awful, narrow and crowded concourses, awful layout and abysmal food, beverage and shopping options. The ACs at PHX are a total joke. Worst of all, easily 40% of passengers traveling to/from/through PHX are wearing shorts and sandals. Nothing about this place is acceptable.

Last edited by gophish11; Dec 14, 2022 at 5:29 pm
Old Dec 14, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Beckles
Every gate at the current MCI terminal would fit these descriptions, no one can compete with my home terminal at this game! Thankfully we'll have a brand new terminal in three months time ...
Omg KCI is so bad. My better half is working in KC now, so I’m flying there more and more. The new terminal coming in 2023 can’t open quickly enough!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.