Wiki Posts
Search

New GSP-LGA flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2022, 3:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

New GSP-LGA flights

AA is starting new service between GSP and LGA. This should get a lot of interest, as only Delta has direct flights now between the two airports.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
In a way this is a resumption of service. US used to serve LGA-GSP back in the day.
WeekendTraveler likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Does the PANYNJ have a new board member who lives close to LGA and has a horse farm in SC?
Old Dec 9, 2022, 5:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Herb687
Does the PANYNJ have a new board member who lives close to LGA and has a horse farm in SC?
GSPs market area is about a million people. There is plenty of demand for this flight. As pointed out above, US served it, and AA did in the past as well (US, AA and DL all did at the same time, plus UA to EWR).

GSP is a great small airport and it even has CLEAR.

My one concern for these flights is what happens in case of a change in plans or IRROPS; if you connect through Charlotte, its easy to switch to another flight, but switching between the two GSP-LGA flights is pretty limited.
jamiel likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
GSPs market area is about a million people. There is plenty of demand for this flight. As pointed out above, US served it, and AA did in the past as well (US, AA and DL all did at the same time, plus UA to EWR).

GSP is a great small airport and it even has CLEAR.

My one concern for these flights is what happens in case of a change in plans or IRROPS; if you connect through Charlotte, its easy to switch to another flight, but switching between the two GSP-LGA flights is pretty limited.
I believe that comment was in reference to this: https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...fine/94828194/
Antarius likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
HOORAY!! My family lives in GSP and indeed I remember I used to only could fly this direct with Delta, yay yay yay!
Old Dec 10, 2022, 12:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by donotblink
I believe that comment was in reference to this: https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...fine/94828194/
Yes, I think youre right. The flights to GSP are there because of market demand rather than being uneconomic ones to placate someone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.