Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre order meals no longer available?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Pre order meals no longer available?

Hi guys, flying JFK-LHR on AA100 in flagship business on Dec 2nd but option to pre order meals aren’t showing in booking.

I reached out to the Twitter team and they told me they were seeing the same thing!!

Has AA stopped the option? Is it a consequence of the BA/AA co-location at the end of this month?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Hi guys, flying JFK-LHR on AA100 in flagship business on Dec 2nd but option to pre order meals aren’t showing in booking.

I reached out to the Twitter team and they told me they were seeing the same thing!!

Has AA stopped the option? Is it a consequence of the BA/AA co-location at the end of this month?
Someone just asked about this in the newbie thread as well, never seen so many folks so excited about selecting a bad meal right at 30 days prior

I just did a dummy booking and the pre-order box is there however when you click it you just get the "our system is having trouble" pop up box. So this has to be just an AA/aa.com glitch that will most likely get corrected in the next few hours/days. Just chill and check back in a few days.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador

Is it a consequence of the BA/AA co-location at the end of this month?
Why do you think that?

BA stopped pre selection during Covid and hadn’t brought it back whereas AA did,

AA didn’t stop it when they were collocated in T5 at LHR

AA brought back full service of meals in courses ages ago. BA only re started that this week.

it’s likely just an IT glitch. You could blame it on the end of daylight savings!
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
So this has to be just an AA/aa.com glitch that will most likely get corrected in the next few hours/days.
And then break again the next day.
wrp96, BWISkyGuy and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP

I'm inside the 30 day window for my FF LAX-LHR on 11-15. How do I attempt to pre-order? And are the pre-order options better than what I can choose from on-board in FF?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I'm inside the 30 day window for my FF LAX-LHR on 11-15. How do I attempt to pre-order? And are the pre-order options better than what I can choose from on-board in FF?
Manage your booking in AA.com, it's towards the bottom. They're usually the same. Sometimes online has one extra option. Plus you can choose special dietary meals.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Manage your booking in AA.com, it's towards the bottom. They're usually the same. Sometimes online has one extra option. Plus you can choose special dietary meals.
Yeah, its not there at all. Maybe the option is broken systemwide?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:44 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
A week or so ago I was able to preorder a hot meal for an upcoming PHL-LAS F trip. Maybe it's route specific (anyone else have the preorder option on upcoming transcontin F flights)? Maybe it's an aa.com thing.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
Yeah, its not there at all. Maybe the option is broken systemwide?
It was broken for me yesterday and completely missing today. Seems to be a broader issue.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lbbzman
It was broken for me yesterday and completely missing today. Seems to be a broader issue.
This has been ongoing for weeks intermittently. Just AA IT being the best versions of themselves.
wrp96 and Lefly like this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:31 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Booked LAX-BOS today on a supposed Flagship flight (A321T) in business. No pre-order link. Thought I was confused! Does seem broken.

Traveled two weeks ago LAX-LHR in business and it was there. Pre-order worked fine and was confirmed proactively by crew onboard.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Yup. Preorder links are gone. It’s been broken on and off for weeks, so I guess they’ve pulled it until they can fix it for good. Or it will be gone for good. One of the other.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:08 am

Has AA dropped pre-ordering meals in First again?

When I flew AA in First back in August I preordered my meals in advance on all 4 flights. My flights next week in First are not showing that option when I bring up my itinerary in my account.

Has AA dropped the pre-order option again?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Yup. Preorder links are gone. It’s been broken on and off for weeks, so I guess they’ve pulled it until they can fix it for good. Or it will be gone for good. One of the other.
Likely the former. Putting aside the fact that DL has pre order options (not sure about UA), I don’t see how it is a positive to remove the option. If anything, I’d think that AA would want it to align catering with actual demand.
lowfareair and Antarius like this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Likely the former. Putting aside the fact that DL has pre order options (not sure about UA), I don’t see how it is a positive to remove the option. If anything, I’d think that AA would want it to align catering with actual demand.
Yes. I was kidding of course.
ryanbriar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.