Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

American Airlines | AAdvantage

Pre order meals no longer available?

Pre order meals no longer available?

Old Nov 3, 22, 1:44 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,191
Pre order meals no longer available?

Hi guys, flying JFK-LHR on AA100 in flagship business on Dec 2nd but option to pre order meals arenít showing in booking.

I reached out to the Twitter team and they told me they were seeing the same thing!!

Has AA stopped the option? Is it a consequence of the BA/AA co-location at the end of this month?
andymcdonnell is offline  
Old Nov 3, 22, 1:55 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 9,451
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
Hi guys, flying JFK-LHR on AA100 in flagship business on Dec 2nd but option to pre order meals arenít showing in booking.

I reached out to the Twitter team and they told me they were seeing the same thing!!

Has AA stopped the option? Is it a consequence of the BA/AA co-location at the end of this month?
Someone just asked about this in the newbie thread as well, never seen so many folks so excited about selecting a bad meal right at 30 days prior

I just did a dummy booking and the pre-order box is there however when you click it you just get the "our system is having trouble" pop up box. So this has to be just an AA/aa.com glitch that will most likely get corrected in the next few hours/days. Just chill and check back in a few days.
JJeffrey is offline  
Old Nov 3, 22, 2:24 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brighton. UK
Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Posts: 13,353
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post

Is it a consequence of the BA/AA co-location at the end of this month?
Why do you think that?

BA stopped pre selection during Covid and hadnít brought it back whereas AA did,

AA didnít stop it when they were collocated in T5 at LHR

AA brought back full service of meals in courses ages ago. BA only re started that this week.


itís likely just an IT glitch. You could blame it on the end of daylight savings!
UKtravelbear is offline  
Old Nov 3, 22, 2:27 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 1,883
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
So this has to be just an AA/aa.com glitch that will most likely get corrected in the next few hours/days.
And then break again the next day.
nancypants, BWISkyGuy and wrp96 like this.
BlooJoo is offline  
Old Nov 3, 22, 3:32 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DEN
Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Posts: 881
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
Hi guys, flying JFK-LHR on AA100 in flagship business on Dec 2nd but option to pre order meals arenít showing in booking.

I reached out to the Twitter team and they told me they were seeing the same thing!!

Has AA stopped the option? Is it a consequence of the BA/AA co-location at the end of this month?
I'm inside the 30 day window for my FF LAX-LHR on 11-15. How do I attempt to pre-order? And are the pre-order options better than what I can choose from on-board in FF?
bbriscoe34 is offline  
Old Nov 3, 22, 3:35 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 1,883
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34 View Post
I'm inside the 30 day window for my FF LAX-LHR on 11-15. How do I attempt to pre-order? And are the pre-order options better than what I can choose from on-board in FF?
Manage your booking in AA.com, it's towards the bottom. They're usually the same. Sometimes online has one extra option. Plus you can choose special dietary meals.
BlooJoo is offline  
Old Nov 3, 22, 3:42 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DEN
Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Posts: 881
Originally Posted by BlooJoo View Post
Manage your booking in AA.com, it's towards the bottom. They're usually the same. Sometimes online has one extra option. Plus you can choose special dietary meals.
Yeah, its not there at all. Maybe the option is broken systemwide?
bbriscoe34 is offline  
Old Nov 3, 22, 4:44 pm
  #8  
PHL
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: PHL, NYC
Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Posts: 9,411
A week or so ago I was able to preorder a hot meal for an upcoming PHL-LAS F trip. Maybe it's route specific (anyone else have the preorder option on upcoming transcontin F flights)? Maybe it's an aa.com thing.
PHL is offline  
Old Nov 3, 22, 5:20 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Programs: AA EXP 1MM; HH Dia; Bonvoy Amb; Hertz PC; National EE; AXP Plat; Chase CSR; Citi Prestige; WDW Passh
Posts: 803
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34 View Post
Yeah, its not there at all. Maybe the option is broken systemwide?
It was broken for me yesterday and completely missing today. Seems to be a broader issue.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
lbbzman is offline  
Old Nov 3, 22, 6:13 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: KHOU/KIAH
Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 8,885
Originally Posted by lbbzman View Post
It was broken for me yesterday and completely missing today. Seems to be a broader issue.
This has been ongoing for weeks intermittently. Just AA IT being the best versions of themselves.
Lefly and wrp96 like this.
Antarius is offline  
Old Nov 3, 22, 10:31 pm
  #11  
dll
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EX PLT; Hilton Diamond; UA Plat
Posts: 2,313
Booked LAX-BOS today on a supposed Flagship flight (A321T) in business. No pre-order link. Thought I was confused! Does seem broken.

Traveled two weeks ago LAX-LHR in business and it was there. Pre-order worked fine and was confirmed proactively by crew onboard.
dll is offline  
Old Nov 3, 22, 11:06 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 1,883
Yup. Preorder links are gone. Itís been broken on and off for weeks, so I guess theyíve pulled it until they can fix it for good. Or it will be gone for good. One of the other.
BlooJoo is offline  
Old Nov 4, 22, 10:08 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 190
Has AA dropped pre-ordering meals in First again?

When I flew AA in First back in August I preordered my meals in advance on all 4 flights. My flights next week in First are not showing that option when I bring up my itinerary in my account.

Has AA dropped the pre-order option again?
BobOscar is offline  
Old Nov 4, 22, 4:47 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Posts: 626
Originally Posted by BlooJoo View Post
Yup. Preorder links are gone. Itís been broken on and off for weeks, so I guess theyíve pulled it until they can fix it for good. Or it will be gone for good. One of the other.
Likely the former. Putting aside the fact that DL has pre order options (not sure about UA), I donít see how it is a positive to remove the option. If anything, Iíd think that AA would want it to align catering with actual demand.
lowfareair and Antarius like this.
ryanbriar is offline  
Old Nov 4, 22, 4:52 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: AA: CK
Posts: 1,883
Originally Posted by ryanbriar View Post
Likely the former. Putting aside the fact that DL has pre order options (not sure about UA), I donít see how it is a positive to remove the option. If anything, Iíd think that AA would want it to align catering with actual demand.
Yes. I was kidding of course.
ryanbriar likes this.
BlooJoo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread