Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA "Dreamily" Redesigned Admirals Club Lounge Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:12 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA

Starting this thread to track progress and announcements of what will be a lengthy, multi-year conversion of the Admirals Club lounges to become an "environment of calm, with natural woods and open spaces".
https://news.aa.com/news/news-detail...8/default.aspx

Once things get underway, we can probably create a WIKI to keep a running update. For now, it looks like we have 4 planned/in progress. Any frequent travelers through those airports can probably provide the best real time updates. It sounds like DCA is nearing completion. The other 3 are likely still on the drawing board. I do like the artists conceptual illustration in the press release. Definitely a warmer look than the comparably lackluster motif of the current options.

DCA - Fall of 2022
AUS, DEN, EWR - "in the works"

On this topic - my hunch is that the PHL Terminal A-West FL and A-East AC will probably be given this new theme. A few months ago an agent at the B/C lounge told me they never even began construction of the FL in A-West despite beginning demolition 3 years ago this month.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:17 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
EWR's new Terminal A is going to be opening either later this fall or early 2023, at which time AA will have to move and the existing AC will close. It will be interesting to see the timeline of when the replacement lounge will open. While there hasn't been a lot of forthcoming info on this, I will note that there wasn't very much said about the progress of the new LGA lounge when it was being built out... and then all of a sudden there was an announcement that it was opening imminently.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:55 am
Suspended

And if an additional one could please, please, please open in CLT, that would be terrific.
robertablake likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage
"Open spaces" doesn't spell "calm." It "spells" people flying to Cancun, getting into the AC with a cc, getting drunk, being loud and the "open spaces" means all can hear. What AA needs are small enclosed business cubicles for the actual business flyer that can make calls without sounding like they're at Senior Frog in Cancun.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:12 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Delta seems to be refurbishing its existing lounges (e.g. BOS satellite) at a pretty fast clip. Delta also seems to have much better food, along with real silverware at its refurbished lounges. It's great if the lounges are aesthetically quite pleasing, but if they keep serving the (quite boring) crudités and one hot selection, they're really not going to be competitive with the Sky Club.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:21 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by VFR
Delta seems to be refurbishing its existing lounges (e.g. BOS satellite) at a pretty fast clip. Delta also seems to have much better food, along with real silverware at its refurbished lounges. It's great if the lounges are aesthetically quite pleasing, but if they keep serving the (quite boring) crudités and one hot selection, they're really not going to be competitive with the Sky Club.
Delta has their own issues with overcrowding due to their AMEX Plat partnership that allows cardmembers access. I have a friend who is a VFF of Delta and is fed up with the situation he's encountered on just about every trip out of LGA and JFK. They recently implemented a rule that you can't enter the lounge more than 3 hours prior to departure. He got there once at T minus 3:10 and they made him wait (a Diamond, no less).
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
The AA lounge at AUS isn't getting remodeled, it is essentially getting a brand new lounge in the terminal. I think we have a thread somewhere from last year when it was announced, but I can't seem to find it. Here is the press release on the AA website:
Newsroom - American Airlines Plans to Open New Austin Admirals Club - American Airlines Group, Inc. (aa.com)

FORT WORTH, Texas — American Airlines will break ground soon on a new 15,000+-square-foot Admirals Club at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS). The lounge can seat more than 250 customers, making it the largest airport lounge in Austin, Texas. Construction on the new lounge, which will be near Gate 14, will begin next year.

“Austin has such a unique energy, with its fascinating mix of technology and arts. American wants to create a club that reflects that eclectic style and pays homage to the lively music scene,” said Clarissa Sebastian, Managing Director of Premium Customer Experience and Onboard Products. “We can’t wait for customers to experience the new space, with much more room to relax, unwind and enjoy.”

The inspiration for the lounge is taken from the city itself, reflecting the urban fabric of Rainey Street, Austin Parks, local art and music. Customers can get a taste of the Austin vibe throughout their experience in the Admirals Club. Once open, customers will also be entertained by local musicians.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Don't forget LGA is now done...I'd expect the refreshed lounges to look like LGA

LovePrunes likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by EXP100
"Open spaces" doesn't spell "calm." It "spells" people flying to Cancun, getting into the AC with a cc, getting drunk, being loud and the "open spaces" means all can hear. What AA needs are small enclosed business cubicles for the actual business flyer that can make calls without sounding like they're at Senior Frog in Cancun.
I don't mind open spaces as long as they have some phone calls quiet rooms.

I actually like the ones in the JFK FL - quiet enough to take calls, but small enough that someone doesn't just set up in there and hog it for hours.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Weren't the Admirals Club redesigned/refreshed just a few years ago? Or were some not updated during the last refresh and will now be first in line for the new look?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by donotblink
Don't forget LGA is now done...I'd expect the refreshed lounges to look like LGA
I think there's going to be quite a contrast in some ways... The LGA Club is the last of the Bermello Ajamil & Partners-era look, and the lounges starting with DCA-E are being done by DMAC Architecture & Interiors. The renderings for DCA-E look quite different from LGA and the lounges since 2016.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by OskiBear
Weren't the Admirals Club redesigned/refreshed just a few years ago? Or were some not updated during the last refresh and will now be first in line for the new look?
DEN, AUS and EWR are all moving locations in the airport, and DCA-E is an additional location opening.
OskiBear likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by EXP100
What cc are people able to enter the AC with?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AAway
What cc are people able to enter the AC with?
The Citi AA one that comes with AC membership plus access for authorised users.
Antarius and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
I am all for it if they also begin kindly asking travelers to sop taking calls on speakerphone/watching hours of TIK TOKs on speakerphone/babysitting their kids with videos on speakerphones all at loud volumes.

It's ridiculous. During the crowded times I literally spend many hours in ACs with headphones in to drown out these. *rant off*
sushanna1, MSPeconomist and Spiff like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.