Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Facial recognition boarding

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Facial recognition boarding

I recently boarded a flight at DFW that used facial recognition instead of needing a boarding pass. It didn't seem any faster than scanning a boarding pass. In fact, some people weren't recognized and the agent had to manually look them up. Why is this a thing?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 4mm / Free Agent / GE / Secret Handshake
Originally Posted by poisson
I recently boarded a flight at DFW that used facial recognition instead of needing a boarding pass. It didn't seem any faster than scanning a boarding pass. In fact, some people weren't recognized and the agent had to manually look them up. Why is this a thing?
Because eventually we'll become like this
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by jcf27
Pay gate. Please quote the article according to FT rules.
355F1 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:16 pm

Lots of articles about how facial recognition does not work well with some racial minorities, not to mention men who grew pandemic beards or let their hair grow out so it no longer matches the photos "on file" ...
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Uzzar
is life really this serious
platbrownguy, njvandy and AAway like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by bakrgby
is life really this serious
i sure hope not

Originally Posted by jcf27
Originally Posted by Uzzar
but, since I'm a subscriber and get to "gift" 10 articles a month & the T&C's explicitly say "anyone" can use the links, here's the article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/21/w...smid=url-share
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:40 pm

Since American is a One World partner I will tell all of you that if you fly Cathay into HKG they know where you are at all times versus in the USA if they would have to look at multiple cameras to find someone. If you are in a lounge they know exactly where you are located in the lounge.
355F1 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:46 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Centurion
Since American is a One World partner I will tell all of you that if you fly Cathay into HKG they know where you are at all times versus in the USA if they would have to look at multiple cameras to find someone. If you are in a lounge they know exactly where you are located in the lounge.
😯

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.