Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA operated by IB / Different seat numbers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

[Edit: Apologies - I noticed this thread too late: 1971101-flying-ib-iberia-seat-selection-finding-using-pnr-etc-issues.html Mods - feel free to move my post there, sorry for the noise!]

Hi FTers,

This is one of my first posts here!
My girlfriend and I are flying back with AA in July in J, LAS > DFW > MAD > DUB.
The DFW > MAD is operated by Iberia. The AA agent could only assign us two seats apart on the phone, however when I used the IB record locator I was able to select two seats next to each other.

The weird thing is that on the AA website I'm still seeing our "old" seats. The IB website shows us in the new seats and ExpertFlyer reflects that on the seatmap.

Now as we'll be checking in with AA in LAS, is there a chance we end up with the wrong seat allocation? Or will that use a separate system which will pull up the correct assignments from the IB systems?

Thanks for your input!

Last edited by drone72; Jun 4, 2022 at 6:58 am
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by drone72
The weird thing is that on the AA website I'm still seeing our "old" seats. The IB website shows us in the new seats and ExpertFlyer reflects that on the seatmap.

Now as we'll be checking in with AA in LAS, is there a chance we end up with the wrong seat allocation? Or will that use a separate system which will pull up the correct assignments from the IB systems?
For me, this is common with codeshares. When I check-in, I've never had an issue with getting the seat I selected with the operating carrier.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Great to hear, thanks @USFlyerUS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.