Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 292 JFK - DEL may 29 medical emergency

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA 292 JFK - DEL may 29 medical emergency

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by J S
As of now--2.5 days later--the plane is still on the ground at LHR!

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n725an
It has taken off. It is 550 odd miles out from DEL. See https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N725AN
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by J S
As of now--2.5 days later--the plane is still on the ground at LHR!

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n725an
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:34 am
J S

Originally Posted by Antarius
It has taken off. It is 550 odd miles out from DEL. See https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N725AN
You are right.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
They were 50% into their flight so my guess is that there was no need to dump fuel.
50% of the way (actually probably slightly less) into a 7,600 mile flight means there will still be lots of fuel on board, probably enough for a JFK-LHR one-way, so I would certainly think they'd still have to dump.

Originally Posted by J S
All somewhat mute at this point, since they say on the ground for *way* over 21 hours. It really is hard to look at AA's performance in a positive light.
Sounds to me like it's much more a government issue, although I suppose you could make the argument that AA should have just rebooked everyone asap on flights that did have clearance to fly from the UK to India. I imagine they didn't think the Indian government/regulators would be so difficult.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Would EU 261 allow compensation to passengers in this case? The new flight number originates in LHR.
Passmethesickbag and renebt like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Nevermind...........Why was it delayed so long in continuing the flight?

Last edited by mvoight; Jun 1, 2022 at 2:29 pm
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by knit-in
Would EU 261 allow compensation to passengers in this case? The new flight number originates in LHR.
NO.......... They landed at LHR due to a medical emergency. The passengers never booked a LHR to DEL flight, so they would not be compensated for it.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by J S
All somewhat mute at this point, since they say on the ground for *way* over 21 hours. It really is hard to look at AA's performance in a positive light.
Why blame AA for the incompetence of a government?
AA had to land.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
50% of the way (actually probably slightly less) into a 7,600 mile flight means there will still be lots of fuel on board, probably enough for a JFK-LHR one-way, so I would certainly think they'd still have to dump.

Sounds to me like it's much more a government issue, although I suppose you could make the argument that AA should have just rebooked everyone asap on flights that did have clearance to fly from the UK to India. I imagine they didn't think the Indian government/regulators would be so difficult.
Because rebooking 300 passengers from LHR to DEL is a simple task?
First you need to find open seats.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grmaht
you can transit via airside not landside. Passengers were allowed to ‘land’ and clear immigration to be put up in hotels which these rules are null and void if you don’t have a UK visa or citizenship that does not require a visa
Nope, airside has less restrictive that what I had posted, generally require a visa, etc for your destination.........
What I posted was from the UK government and it applies to the ability to leave the airport.

For example, an Indian travel going South America, would need NORMALLY a Visa for his destination in order to transit airside, but could not leave the airport unless he met one of those requirements in the list I had posted, such as being a US Permanent Resident
However, he would not be able to transit outside of the airport, unless he match one of the items on the list, such as having
The list I posted was NOT for that. The information I posted was for exiting the airport. In fact, I had stated "This is for exiting the airport at LHR"
This list indicated you need a VISA for your destination country, as is required for airside, but it also lists specific requirements for exiting thru Border Control
This is why it also states:
"One of the following must also apply:". Otherwise you would not be able to exit thru Border Control

I actually used the UK Government site to get this info, before I posted
For example, I stated I was Indian (because I know US citizens won't have a problem) and then answered the questions here, as you can see, it directly relates to exiting the airport
Will you pass through UK border control? - Check if you need a UK visa - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Last edited by mvoight; Jun 1, 2022 at 2:58 pm
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mvoight
Because rebooking 300 passengers from LHR to DEL is a simple task?
First you need to find open seats.
It isn't as complicated as AA makes it out to be.

And that applies to literally everything that AA does operationally. It isn't that complex if others can do it much better.
knit-in and Grmaht like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.