Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts on Possible AC Limitations

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I don't have AC membership but I do have Amex Plat, and Amex imposed those rules already - I'm guessing maybe a year ago.
Old May 5, 2022, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Has anybody felt as AC, in general, has an overclouding problem?
Pretty sure the relentless credit card push has precipitated it
vasantn, MIAFlyer, la2clt and 12 others like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by redtop43
I don't have AC membership but I do have Amex Plat, and Amex imposed those rules already - I'm guessing maybe a year ago.
Amex Centurion lounges have a huge overcrowding issue at almost every location they have, even with these rules in place. Admiral's clubs are rarely overcrowded, except for a few locations.
chrisny2, LovePrunes and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I'm not the biggest flyer, but I've never seen a club packed to the gills except two times: once at ORD when there had been some thunderstorm activity and once on a Friday afternoon at LGA. I've seen clubs crowded (where 7/8s of the chairs are full (CLT, DCA, BDL (rip), and MIA)), but never like the photos I've seen of DL clubs where there is a line waiting to get in or the Alaska Club at LAX where the were turning away Priority Pass members (that was during COVID so club capacity was at 50%).
Old May 5, 2022, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I'm not the biggest flyer, but I've never seen a club packed to the gills except two times: once at ORD when there had been some thunderstorm activity and once on a Friday afternoon at LGA. I've seen clubs crowded (where 7/8s of the chairs are full (CLT, DCA, BDL (rip), and MIA)), but never like the photos I've seen of DL clubs where there is a line waiting to get in or the Alaska Club at LAX where the were turning away Priority Pass members (that was during COVID so club capacity was at 50%).
I think the heavy banking of flights has a major impact. I tend to take the longest connection possible because I can always be productive in an AC (or watch a movie) and would rather not be that person realizing they have just 15 minutes to make their next flight. Consequently, I tend to be an AC over 1-2 banks of flights. I've noticed that when a bank comes in and out the clubs can get insanely crowded but an hour later far less crowded. And the cycle repeats. So if you come into the AC for a 45 minute layoff to find few seats and dirty bathrooms with lines waiting lines to use the (dirty) facilities it's annoying.
travelingdrsuz likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
This would be an excellent move on the part of AA. That and stop allowing unlimited minor children. In fact, allowing zero children would be ideal.
Old May 5, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
This would impact me a lot, there's many times when, for example in DEN, I drive from Vail several hours early due to the possibility of I-70 closing, or bad weather/traffic impacting my drive.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
This would be an excellent move on the part of AA. That and stop allowing unlimited minor children. In fact, allowing zero children would be ideal.
I have never once ran into an issue because of minor children. Any time I have seen them come in, they have always been well behaved. Any time I have been in a club and there have been more than one or two families with minor children has only been around the holidays or spring break when you have a lot of family travel.
grapkoski, cssmd27 and MarkOK like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 2:07 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Has anybody felt as AC, in general, has an overclouding problem?
CLT aside, probably not to the extent of DL and at some locations, AS. (The latter is in part due to allowing access with purchased domestic F... I was at the LAX AS lounge recently on a F ticket and there was a wait list to get in, but they let me jump the queue because I am an Admirals Club member.) Lately there have been pics posted of a number of DL SkyClubs that had "we're at capacity" signs posted outside, which I don't recall seeing at ACs before (again, not counting the current CLT situation in this).
Old May 5, 2022, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
If AA does this it would have zero effect on me. I use the AC in three different scenarios only:

1. DFW 2 hours before any originating flight
2. Any connecting airport's club
3. The arrivals lounge at LHR

That's it....

If this helps stifle overcrowding I'll over it. I read the DL thread. You'd think people had a leg chopped off they are so mad.

Old May 5, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Maybe because they live in a city other than DTW, MSP, ATL, NYC, SLC, or LAX? Or they take redeyes (which typically excludes airports like DFW).
Old May 5, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ksucats
I have never once ran into an issue because of minor children. Any time I have seen them come in, they have always been well behaved. Any time I have been in a club and there have been more than one or two families with minor children has only been around the holidays or spring break when you have a lot of family travel.
Loudmouths on cell phones are a far greater nuisance for me.
Old May 5, 2022, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by catcher1
It doesn't have to be an either or
​​​​​Both are annoying.

Parents, control your kids. Adults, stop behaving like fools.
dw, chrisny2 and jhalapin like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:23 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
AA should put in soundproofed phone booths.

They have children's rooms in most ACs. There are ways to solve these problems.
donotblink and MarkOK like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.