Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How to know your booking class ? ( Y B B L M .... )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to know your booking class ? ( Y B B L M .... )

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2022, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air France Platinium - TK Elite - BA Gold
Question How to know your booking class ? ( Y B B L M .... )

Good evening everyone,
I have a ticket for MAD DFW tomorrow
Basic Eco with AA
How do I know if it's in Y B Q L M N ...
It's not mentioned anywhere and i don't have my ticket already as i have to check in tmw at the airport
I have this information on my e ticket : Fare Basis HNN0C0B4
Sorry if my question is stupid
Have a nice evening !!

Last edited by franssois69; May 4, 2022 at 12:30 pm
Old May 4, 2022, 12:30 pm

Do you still have the email titled “Your trip confirmation” from when you booked? It should contain something like “Class: Economy (M)”.
Old May 4, 2022, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
All basic economy fares book into B, as far as I know.
Old May 4, 2022, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Well that’s an easy one if you bought basic economy, basic economy books into B.
Old May 4, 2022, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Thank's guys !!
So only 20 TP ( BAEC ) between MAD and DFW .. when you see the price ( bought today ) that's a shame

Basic Eco B
Easy ;o))))
Old May 4, 2022, 3:18 pm

Delete please

Last edited by ual744777sta; May 4, 2022 at 3:20 pm Reason: delete please
Old May 4, 2022, 6:01 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
While not helpful to know prior to departure, AA does print the booking class in between the date and flight number on the stubs of the bp's from counters. Helpful if needed to send a copy to retroclaim.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by franssois69
Good evening everyone,
Basic Eco with AA
It's not mentioned anywhere and i don't have my ticket already as i have to check in tmw at the airport
Have a nice evening !!
I'm interested in the answer so thanks for asking.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by franssois69
Good evening everyone,
Basic Eco with AA
Have a nice evening !!
If you log onto aa.com (on the desktop version) and go to your reservation, scroll down and one of the options should be "Print Trip and Receipt" or "Print Receipt" or similar -- this will have the fare bucket as well.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Log in to aa.com and go to your reservation. Near the bottom of the page under "Helpful Links" will be a link to "Email Trip". Click the link and enter your email address. The email will have a column with "Booking Code" that show the fare basis for each leg of the trip.
donotblink likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Correct...my Class Booking is B .. congratulations

I had a Very Good Surprise This morning
Checked 2 bags and was not asking for any money ( just BA Silver)
Was a good News
But in exchange only 20 TP for a Long Flight...
Have a nice day everyone and thank's again 👌
Old May 5, 2022, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
All basic economy fares book into B, as far as I know.
As noted, this is the correct answer. The confusion seems to stem partly from the fact that Basic Economy fares all use fare basis codes that start with coach class fare codes. However, the coach class in the fare basis code is used solely for dual inventory checking -- there must inventory in both B class and the coach class listed in the fare basis code in order to book the fare. However, your benefits and earnings are dictated entirely by the booking class which is Basic Economy B. Domestic FC fares uses same type of coach fare basis codes and dual inventory checking. AA uses the second to last letter of the fare basis code to indicate actual booking class for such fares.

Delta uses dual inventory system for it's Comfort+ fares, in addition to Basic Economy and domestic FC. However, DL uses second to last character of fare basis code to indicate class of service, rather than booking class (so you can't always tell the booking class from just looking at the fare basis code with DL fares -- although Basic Economy class of service will always book into E class on DL)
SK likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; May 5, 2022 at 5:28 am
Old May 5, 2022, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by melissaaldric
As noted, this is the correct answer. The confusion seems to stem partly from the fact that Basic Economy fares all use fare basis codes that start with coach class fare codes. However, the coach class in the fare basis code is used solely for dual inventory checking -- there must inventory in both B class and the coach class listed in the fare basis code in order to book the fare.
Does that make OP’s HNN0C0B4 an “H-down” fare?
donotblink and javabytes like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 12:09 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Understand the post two above ... but "fare class" refers to the first letter in the fare basis code. It's an H-fare. Even if AA wants to tell you it's a 'B' fare. Lots of airlines put additional letter in the fare basis code, but those refer to the fare family and not the fare class.
Old May 5, 2022, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TBD
Understand the post two above ... but "fare class" refers to the first letter in the fare basis code. It's an H-fare. Even if AA wants to tell you it's a 'B' fare. Lots of airlines put additional letter in the fare basis code, but those refer to the fare family and not the fare class.
It's an H fare that books into B. This is not an uncommon practice among airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.