Wiki Posts
Search

Flight take off with crew in aisles?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Flight take off with crew in aisles?

this was a first after thousands of flights that the crew were still in the aisle taking orders when we began our takeoff roll...and a quite strong one being on a 772.

normally i start my music playlist when i hear the two dings that we are on an active runway ... which we were but there were no dings nor any "flight attendants please be seated for take off" as they were all up doing their business...and i presumed we may have just been crossing a runway. but then we lined up and i was a bit confused and that thrust came on and fa's running in both directions to get to seats.

anyone else experience this?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by VSLover
this was a first after thousands of flights that the crew were still in the aisle taking orders when we began our takeoff roll...and a quite strong one being on a 772.

normally i start my music playlist when i hear the two dings that we are on an active runway ... which we were but there were no dings nor any "flight attendants please be seated for take off" as they were all up doing their business...and i presumed we may have just been crossing a runway. but then we lined up and i was a bit confused and that thrust came on and fa's running in both directions to get to seats.

anyone else experience this?
No I haven't experienced this before.

Did you get a PDB?
LovePrunes, SEA777GUY and mtofell like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
Did you get a PDB?
presume this is a joke lolol...if you had only seen the crew. it was the most surly crew ive encountered in ages and certainly was not a "Flagship First" service in the least.

he couldn't throw drink or food at us quickly enough once in the air to get rid of us so he could hide away.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
.if you had only seen the crew. it was the most surly crew ive encountered in ages and certainly was not a "Flagship First" service in the least.

Maybe that's why the Captain "forgot" to let them know he was about to launch Hang on!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
he couldn't throw drink or food at us quickly enough once in the air to get rid of us so he could hide away.
When this happens to me (more often than not) I reach for that little button above my head faster than calling the EXP line after seeing C7.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Wow, they truly are superheroes.
Etheereal and sexykitten7 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
I'm sure at some point I've been on a flight where FAs were still standing at the start of takeoff roll.

I know that I was once on a flight (AA MD-80 into SMF) where an FA was still standing in the F galley when we touched down.

Fly enough and you see all kinds of stuff.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Did the Captain make the announcement telling FA to prepare for takeoff. That' their cue to get to their jumpseat and buckle in.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EXP100
Did the Captain make the announcement telling FA to prepare for takeoff. That' their cue to get to their jumpseat and buckle in.
nope!

while they were running both ways one said "he never said to take seats!"
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:19 pm

Seen it a few times. They’re usually seated by the time the plane lifts off.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
I've it like this once. Scrambling for the jump seats as the engines spool.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Was your safety threatened? Were they in their seats before rotation?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I've seen it once on a UA regional. Thankfully much smaller plane. And no, the captain/FO did not announce take your seats at any time IIRC.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
presume this is a joke lolol...if you had only seen the crew. it was the most surly crew ive encountered in ages and certainly was not a "Flagship First" service in the least.

You were expecting "flagship first" service on a 772?
Etheereal likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Not on take off but a few months ago on MIA LAX the FAs were walking around the cabin until literally 20 seconds before touching ground. It was nerve wracking to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.