Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

10,000 Loyalty Points Bonus (Credit Card) - Have you gotten it yet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold

Crew - I know that any of the AA branded credit cards are giving a 10,000 loyalty points bonus if you spend $40,000. I had a lot of expenses the past few months and have exceeded that threshold about a month ago but still no sign of the bonus. Anyone seen it come through yet? How long after the threshold does it post?

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: US Airways, American Airlines, United
For my last statement with Barclays, I crossed the $20,000 spending milestone to earn 5,000 additional bonus loyalty points. I have received my loyalty points for money spent for the statement period but not 5,000 additional bonus loyalty points. I am not sure how long it will take to post.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:18 am
JCN

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec
I passed the $40k spend mark on my Citi Exec World Elite on my statement ending two weeks ago. No 10k bonus posted yet. Been checking daily....
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
I passed the 40k on Citi AA in early Feb and it posted soon after the statement cut, so it should not take very long.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
The credit card website does say "Additional Loyalty Points will be deposited into your AAdvantage® account 6-8 weeks after meeting the spend requirement," so it could be a while before they show up.

They may want to have some confidence that you're not making a big purchase to cross a threshold and then making a return and getting a credit back. I could see it being inconvenient / more work for them to claw back the bonus points from people who try to abuse the system.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by davecraze
I passed the 40k on Citi AA in early Feb and it posted soon after the statement cut, so it should not take very long.
I also passed the 40k on Citi AA in February and the bonus loyalty posted within a few days.
milohoss likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:39 am

I did this on my Executive card last year under the old system and I think it took a while to get. Sorry that's probably not very helpful but I don't remember it being as fast as I got the regular bonus. I don't think it was a month though.

Also, I thought this was only an Executive card benefit (and the Barclays cards can do 5k for 20k in spending) not for any card.
milohoss likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Mine posted right when the statement closed
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Does Citi send out some sort of email when you pass the 40k mark. Something along the lines of "Congratulations you've earned 10k LP"? Is everyone just looking at their transaction total for the year to see if they have hit 40k spend?
milohoss likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
In my experience, this will never post before your next statement closing, and I've had it take 2 statements before the bonus posts. I have never gotten an email from Barclays telling me I met the threshold, but you can see exactly where you are YTD by going to Rewards Activity when logged into your account.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:49 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Is it any Citi AA credit card, or just some?
This seems to indicate it's limited to Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard:
Select AAdvantage credit cards have historically offered an additional boost to elite-qualifying miles and/or elite-qualifying collars, both of which are being phased out. Instead, you’ll soon be able to get a Loyalty Points bonus after hitting certain spending criteria.Here’s what that looks like.

Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard: Previously, the card awarded members who spent $40,000 on purchases in a calendar year with 10,000 elite-qualifying miles (EQMs). Going forward, cardholders who spend $40,000 in a qualifying year (March 1 – Feb. 28) will earn 10,000 bonus Loyalty Points.

AAdvantage Aviator Silver Mastercard: This card is another solid choice for status-seekers. Until now, the card has offered $3,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) toward status to those who spent $50,000 on purchases in a calendar year.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/requal...e-credit-card/
Is it $40k spend per AA/Citi CC, or $40k total if you have more than one card?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger
Is it any Citi AA credit card, or just some?
This seems to indicate it's limited to Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard:

Is it $40k spend per AA/Citi CC, or $40k total if you have more than one card?
It's only spend on the AA Executive World Elite Mastercard.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by MorganB
Does Citi send out some sort of email when you pass the 40k mark. Something along the lines of "Congratulations you've earned 10k LP"? Is everyone just looking at their transaction total for the year to see if they have hit 40k spend?
I received one:

Subject :

“Congratulations! We’ve posted 10,000 additional Loyalty Points to your account”

Body:

“Hello, (AAway) As a benefit of your Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®, you’ve earned 10,000 additional Loyalty Points based on your recent spending activity. Your additional Loyalty Points count toward your qualification for AAdvantage® status and have been added to your AAdvantage® account.

Don’t forget: As an AAdvantage® member, it is now easier than ever to earn miles and status through flights, using an AAdvantage® credit card and participating with all our eligible partners.
Learn more »

Thank you for you being a loyal Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmember.”
MorganB likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by milohoss
Crew - I know that any of the AA branded credit cards are giving a 10,000 loyalty points bonus if you spend $40,000. I had a lot of expenses the past few months and have exceeded that threshold about a month ago but still no sign of the bonus. Anyone seen it come through yet? How long after the threshold does it post?
I didn't know that. Guess that shows how little I care about LPs.

I guess the 10,000 LP bonus for $40K spend is to replace the old 10,000 EQM bonus for same threshold on the Citi Exec World MC?

It's only spend on the AA Executive World Elite Mastercard.
Makes sense. Same product that used to give 10,000 EQMs for $40K spend in a year.

Last edited by Herb687; Apr 27, 2022 at 7:44 pm Reason: multi-quote/question answered
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
in past years I always received an email like that - however the email came from AA, not Citi.

I went back to check my emails and noticed something interesting - every email arrived on the 2nd of the month. Not sure if that was a day that everyone received an email that month or if it was a specific time after the statement where I crossed the threshold. But it was always on the 2nd.

Last edited by hbtr; Apr 27, 2022 at 11:26 pm Reason: More info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.