Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Update on Federal Mask Mandate (April 18: masks no longer required)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB+, BAEC

https://news.aa.com/news/news-detail...4/default.aspx

American Airlines has prioritized the health and safety of its team members and customers throughout the pandemic and has supported the federal government’s measures to slow the spread of COVID-19. In accordance with the Transportation Security Administration no longer enforcing the federal face mask mandate, face masks will no longer be required for our customers and team members at U.S. airports and on domestic flights. Please note face masks may still be required based on local ordinances, or when traveling to/from certain international locations based on country requirements. In keeping with our commitment to creating a welcoming environment for everyone who travels with us, customers and team members may choose to continue to wear masks at their own discretion.

We are deeply grateful to our team members for their enforcement of the mandate, and will share more information about this transition in the coming days.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:16 pm

AA press Release- Masks will not be required

"'In accordance with the Transportation Security Administration no longer enforcing the federal face mask mandate, face masks will no longer be required for our customers and team members at U.S. airports and on domestic flights. Please note face masks may still be required based on local ordinances, or when traveling to/from certain international locations based on country requirements. "

https://news.aa.com/news/news-detail...4/default.aspx
N830MH, LETTERBOY, volabam and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Moderator Note:

If you choose to post in this thread, it must be AA-related. If not, your post will be deleted and discipline will be issued.

Posts regarding mask efficacy or discussion of masks will not be tolerated.

/moderator
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:22 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Philadelphia still mandates masks be worn indoors, I imagine this extends to the airport.

I seem to remember that A West is not actually in the City of Philadelphia... perhaps no masks required there.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by VFR
Philadelphia still mandates masks be worn indoors, I imagine this extends to the airport.

I seem to remember that A West is not actually in the City of Philadelphia... perhaps no masks required there.
But whose going to enforce this at the airport? The agency that's no longer going to enforce it? Was in PHL AC at B/C a few weeks back, only a few were wearing a mask, just holding a plate or drink. Hope the games up in PHL.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Seems official coming from the newsroom. United made a similar announcement, have not seen anything yet from Delta.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:37 pm

Perfect timing. It's a relatively small matter, but I never really understood the need to meet this requirement when in TCON (the lie flats) F or an empty J (which wasn't uncommon during the pandemic) dozing off when facing the window.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
AA was the laggard, but this is just in time for my 8:30 pm flight.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Dude! What timing!
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
I expect we'll still see a lot of west coast cities with local mandates inside the airport. Is there a current list being kept of which cities had ordinances? Would be interesting to map that to AA destinations... especially where there are Admiral's Clubs.
Auto Enthusiast and volabam like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
I expect we'll still see a lot of west coast cities with local mandates inside the airport. Is there a current list being kept of which cities had ordinances? Would be interesting to map that to AA destinations... especially where there are Admiral's Clubs.
I believe Philadelphia is the only major municipality with a mandate.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
If you remember, report back what it's like on that American Airlines flight this first evening of being able to fly maskless.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman
If you remember, report back what it's like on that American Airlines flight this first evening of being able to fly maskless.
I'm sure looking forward to the reduction in pre-flight announcements!
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: Free agent
So for the next 12 hours or so it’s going to be up to the crew whether they have “officially” been informed?
Etheereal likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: Free agent
I'm sure looking forward to the reduction in pre-flight announcements!
They’ll just double-down on credit cards.
dls25, hockeystl, Abidjan and 23 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.