Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you board in 1st group if disabled?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Question Can you board in 1st group if disabled?

Anyone know if AA lets you board in first group if you're disabled/need extra time to board (as JetBlue does)?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:15 pm

Pre-board before group 1, alert the gate agent and have it marked in your reservation.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
You can't just willy-nilly decide to board whenever your want. You need to have this marked in your reservation in advance, and then you can pre-board, even ahead of CK's and group 1!
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
You can't just willy-nilly decide to board whenever your want. You need to have this marked in your reservation in advance, and then you can pre-board, even ahead of CK's and group 1!
On the app you can request wheelchair assistance.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I once badly sprained my ankle a couple of days before a flight and was walking with a cane. I asked to pre-board and didn't get any argument.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by EXP100
On the app you can request wheelchair assistance.
Yep. While AA isn't as bad as UA that lets half the plane board before elites, if you let them know in advance whatever your reason is for boarding early, they will accommodate.
plancast likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Yep. While AA isn't as bad as UA that lets half the plane board before elites, if you let them know in advance whatever your reason is for boarding early, they will accommodate.
And if the agent forgets to call preboards just board with Group 1 (this happened to me Monday night at DFW, they were rushing to beat the storms and jumped right into 1/2).
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:34 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by sppunk
And if the agent forgets to call preboards just board with Group 1 (this happened to me Monday night at DFW, they were rushing to beat the storms and jumped right into 1/2).

and if you obviously look like you need extra time down the jetway, the nice folks in group 1 will wave you ahead . It only takes one wave and all the others will step back
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
and if you obviously look like you need extra time down the jetway, the nice folks in group 1 will wave you ahead . It only takes one wave and all the others will step back
This has to be sarcasm, because I cannot imagine the typical carnivores in Group 1 giving up an inch.

All the best, James
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:31 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by fdog
This has to be sarcasm, because I cannot imagine the typical carnivores in Group 1 giving up an inch.

All the best, James
normally true, but all it takes is one good guy to wave you through. The embarrassment in this is when group 1 boards and finds you already ensconced in a first class seat.

But it's the thought that counts so don't fight it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.