Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Executive Platinum 10F seats, didn’t get upgraded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Platinum 10F seats, didn’t get upgraded

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
So I did and today there are still 4 seats available and no one on the upgrade list. AA holds the cards and they got me. Only AA knows their loads.
Okay, I'll bite since I read all the way to this point...

While I agree that OP is going to drive themselves crazy watching things this closely, I've admittedly done similar things.

Once the OP could see there was no one on the upgrade list and have a sense of number of unsold seats, could they call AA to cancel their mileage+copay upgrade (getting refund) and then go back on the UG list?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
OGG-DFW 17 open seats in F, wife and I were both upgraded at t-96 hours. Finally!
mnmag and ryanbriar like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by js1993
You're flying between Texas and Hawaii 14 times in the next two months?
7 round trips, every other week. Exterior of our condo is being painted so watching over our property. Already, glass on our lanai sliders scratched and threshold entry cracked, and we’re just getting started!
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
7 round trips, every other week. Exterior of our condo is being painted so watching over our property. Already, glass on our lanai sliders scratched and threshold entry cracked, and we’re just getting started!
I can offer free house sitting services, and being a Type-A control freak, I’ll guarantee there won’t even be an errant drop of paint.

My husband and I have been thinking about buying a place on Kauai or the Big Island… leaning towards the latter until AA discontinued the DFW-KOA direct. But we’ve had good luck with upgrades on the A321s, at least.
EXPLAT likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kawliga
I can offer free house sitting services, and being a Type-A control freak, I’ll guarantee there won’t even be an errant drop of paint.

My husband and I have been thinking about buying a place on Kauai or the Big Island… leaning towards the latter until AA discontinued the DFW-KOA direct. But we’ve had good luck with upgrades on the A321s, at least.
We enjoy Oahu and Ko Olina ourselves. Grew up on Oahu on the North Shore. These days, we can visit Kona or Kauai for $45 each way when we’d like. Ko Olina offers the feel of going to the outer Islands but still offers Honolulu, China Town and the North Shore close by. We feel it offers us the best of both worlds.
Kawliga likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.