Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Denied AC access in BOS despite being an OWS on a flagship transcon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied AC access in BOS despite being an OWS on a flagship transcon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
This was my initial reaction to the thread before I read the relevant provision, and it may have been AA's intent, but it's not what the words AA chose actually say. The provision simply does not limit access to J or F passengers. If that's what AA actually means, they ought to say it.
On that same page, AFTER indicating the AS member's restriction, it clearly indicates NON AS elites are NOT subject to those class restrictions
This would seem to further the point that AS elite's have the same restrictions regarding domestic flights as AA elites do.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dw
That’s in line with how lounge access agreements have long been for oneworld, not to mention Star and Skyteam, and goes back to the days when Star and Skyteam had more than one US carrier.
One world as well. For a brief period, US and AA were in OW (before the two integrated)
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by trm2
That was really strange to read on Flyertalk.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Antarius
One world as well. For a brief period, US and AA were in OW (before the two integrated)
During that period, US status flyers were excluded from the OW domestic lounge privileges extended to international OW carriers (just as AS members are today).
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dtremit
During that period, US status flyers were excluded from the OW domestic lounge privileges extended to international OW carriers (just as AS members are today).
Right. Which was the point dw was making about ST and *A as well (as they had multiple domestic airlines each as well)
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:40 am

Just want to make sure....but as an AS elite, I would not get AC access traveling in Y to the Caribbean and/or Canada, but I would as an AA elite.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by hsumh316
Just want to make sure....but as an AS elite, I would not get AC access traveling in Y to the Caribbean and/or Canada, but I would as an AA elite.
If I understand your question correctly, no, since AS and AA elites are both excluded from “North American” itineraries, but with any other oneworld elite status (BA, QF, IB, QR, etc. etc.) you would have access to AC or, if there is one, Flagship.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by hsumh316
This is correct.

Originally Posted by Schultzois
If I understand your question correctly, no, since AS and AA elites are both excluded from “North American” itineraries, but with any other oneworld elite status (BA, QF, IB, QR, etc. etc.) you would have access to AC or, if there is one, Flagship.
No, AA has expanded lounge access "for a limited time". AA elites (PLT & above) get AC access when travelling on any international itinerary, including Canada, Mexico, Caribbean (regardless of cabin). This access is not extended to AS elites except for MEX and Central America. Confusing as hell.
hsumh316 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
This is correct.

No, AA has expanded lounge access "for a limited time". AA elites (PLT & above) get AC access when travelling on any international itinerary, including Canada, Mexico, Caribbean (regardless of cabin). This access is not extended to AS elites except for MEX and Central America. Confusing as hell.
Oh, thanks, I didn’t know that extra limited time part. 🤦‍♂️
As you say, confusing as hell. Especially since the AS passenger in a premium cabin without status would have AS lounge access per their premium product, but the AA premium passenger without status presumably wouldn’t… but the one with AA status would…
This is one reason I’ve always focused on elite status with non-North American carriers… it’s just a simple there IS or there ISN’T, and until now that’s worked for me. The only point of confusion there’s ever been is how many drink vouchers they give me as a OWS in the AC, and whether it’s okay to ask for more if there is a long delay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.