Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booze for Ex plat in coach?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Booze for Ex plat in coach?

At one point, and currently on their site, as a EP, you would receive a complimentary meal and drinks in coach. With the Covid excuses is this still the case, or are we dry like everyone else?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Dry.
And forget booze; right now domestically there is just 1 drink service in coach regardless of length. 6.5 hour transcon? 1 drink service, not even passes of water through the flight.
onanisland likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by lrdpenn
Dry.
And forget booze; right now domestically there is just 1 drink service in coach regardless of length. 6.5 hour transcon? 1 drink service, not even passes of water through the flight.
AA Y is an absolute joke right now. Flew B6 yesterday from CHS-LAX. Friendly, proactive FAs. 2 drink/snack services on a sub 5 hr flight. Legroom in the Even More Space section may have been greater than AA first, not to mention the seat back screens for all pax. Very pleased with the direct flight, rather than routing through CLT on AA.
lrbenko and volabam like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:10 pm

Please let AA know, the management is making the current policy, not the FAs
757FO, Spiff, JoeWoodstock and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Almost certainly the inflight mask mandate will be allowed to expire next month. Considering AA has had plenty of time to plan, will be interesting to see how quickly main cabin (and complimentary MCE/EXP/CK) alcohol service is reinstated. Previously that was AA's primary justification for not returning service in the main cabin.

More discussion here: No alcohol on AA until 2022 (Main Cabin)

-FlyerBeek
JoeWoodstock likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage
It should also be interesting to see if this perk is restored to EXPs or somehow AA will no longer provide free alcoholic drinks and food (whenever they do return to Y) for our "safety." You know how COVID just loves to attack high status flyers.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Part of why I am redirecting a lot of flying to UA. Storms caused a bunch of delays and cancels last weekend. Got in late to IAH and the in bound was very delayed. If this was AA at DFW, the last flight to AUS would have cancelled for crews time out and “weather”. I expected the same but UA called some folks off the bench and we flew. I may never be a million miler with UA but they just keep winning.
volabam likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by boerne
Part of why I am redirecting a lot of flying to UA. Storms caused a bunch of delays and cancels last weekend. Got in late to IAH and the in bound was very delayed. If this was AA at DFW, the last flight to AUS would have cancelled for crews time out and “weather”. I expected the same but UA called some folks off the bench and we flew. I may never be a million miler with UA but they just keep winning.
What does this have to do with the booze in coach policy? Are you saying you're directing flying to UA because of this?? I imagine AA is aware that people are unhappy, but their load factors would indicate people are voting with their wallet and are still choosing to fly AA despite the alcohol policy
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Load factors are meaningless. It's all about yield. If AA RASM continues to underperform UA/DL, eventually someone will figure out they need to change something besides schedule.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by DWFI
Load factors are meaningless. It's all about yield. If AA RASM continues to underperform UA/DL, eventually someone will figure out they need to change something besides schedule.
Not meaningless in this context. The point is, nobody (ok, VERY few people) are avoiding an airline because of a no booze in coach policy. AA will have load factors of 80% (or whatever) whether they serve booze or not.

I was asking the poster if he/she really abandoned AA due to an alcohol policy (which is what this thread is about).
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum / Hilton Diamond / MGM Gold
Originally Posted by lrdpenn
Dry.
It really depends on the FAs in my opinion. I was flying F on March 5 from DFW to DCA and I was late boarding so I missed the PDB. However, everyone had a drink in a glass when I arrived and took my seat. Before dinner, I was brought a double Woodford, after dinner, another double and before landing, a single because that was the last one. No, I was not driving after the flight. LOL
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
The discussion of booze and people's complaints with respect to this really makes me wonder how much AA is in AA...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.