Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Lost capability to mix/match and update award segments?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Been a while since I last used AA miles to piece together an award but it used to be like Saver/Anytime (for simplicity sakes). Now it's like dynamic/web specials. Can you still mix and match these days? (e.g., Initial award is AAA-BBB-CCC-DDD web special. If I see another web special for BBB-DDD, can I switch segments?)

It used to be easier to understand, now I feel like we've lost the ability to continue tinkering existing routings given different mileage redemption values.
As an EXP right now, I feel like awards/routings are one shot deals and you have to start from scratch for new routings/etc.

Example above is web special which I now see is unmodifiable.
For non web specials, can one piecemeal together awards at all these days or no given the different redemption values... I presume that is the case unable to
Is this the case or is there still something like the old way?

Last edited by henhen; Mar 2, 2022 at 8:12 pm
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Web Special awards can be cancelled and refunded without charge, and a new award booked. But Web Special awards are non-changeable.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by guv1976
Web Special awards can be cancelled and refunded without charge, and a new award booked. But Web Special awards are non-changeable.
Yeah that seems to be the case.
For non web specials, can one piecemeal together awards at all these days or no given the different redemption values... I presume that is the case unable to
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by henhen
You can make changes to true MileSAAver awards, but married- and divorced-segment availability can be complicating factors.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by henhen
I think what you're seeing is the much-discussed married segment logic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.