Wiki Posts
Search

F Award Ticketed - No Seat Assignment

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
F Award Ticketed - No Seat Assignment

I just booked an award flight from JFK - LHR in F. Ticketed but no seat assignment (all occupied) and flight seems to be zero'd out on Expert Flyer.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by IflyonAA
I just booked an award flight from JFK - LHR in F. Ticketed but no seat assignment (all occupied) and flight seems to be zero'd out on Expert Flyer.

Thoughts?

Thanks
How close is the flight? Not much you can do other than keep an eye on it and grab a seat if one opens up before.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
How close is the flight? Not much you can do other than keep an eye on it and grab a seat if one opens up before.
End of next week.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
I think if it's ticketed you should be protected in case of F oversell.

If this is a leisure trip I'd just enjoy FFD. There's surely enough JFK-LHR that maybe one F seat is available, possibly rebooking you in a revenue class (and thus earning LP/miles) or even better maybe you'll get downgraded to J (an upgrade if you ask me) and get 75% of your miles back per EC261.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by no2chem
I think if it's ticketed you should be protected in case of F oversell.

If this is a leisure trip I'd just enjoy FFD. There's surely enough JFK-LHR that maybe one F seat is available, possibly rebooking you in a revenue class (and thus earning LP/miles) or even better maybe you'll get downgraded to J (an upgrade if you ask me) and get 75% of your miles back per EC261.
i probably need to check bags unfortunately on this trip which might complicate matters. Will roll with it and will update if anything ‘exciting’ happens!
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
if there are no seats, make a backup plan if being in F is important. I mean like a different flight that hopefully has some first availability. They will likely reach out to you via phone call so check your messages in the next few days to get you to move. I didn't make a plan, this happened to me, I ended up in the back of coach and was significantly late. I got back some miles for the trouble, but would rather have had the front seat.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by no2chem
get 75% of your miles back per EC261.
Not on AA when originating in the US.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Haven't seen a story about it recently but there have been a number of cases of pax on F awards losing their seats in F and being forced to accept a downgrade. Being prepared for that possibility is good advice. Have you checked on something like ExpertFlyer to see whether all of the seats are truly occupied? Some may be just blocked.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:29 am
Original Poster

I called again and have now been given a seat assignment. There was an equipment change and it had not updated in the system.

Thank you for your posts - useful nonetheless.
Uzzar and onanisland like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What kind of equipment change?? AA only has one aircraft type with international first class, the 777-300ER (77W). Weird.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Exactly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.