Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Puzzled by EQD promotion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Puzzled by EQD promotion

I qualified for the EQD waiver by spending $30,000 on my Citicard. That got me to platinum in January. I just now crossed the 60,000 EQM mark but my status did not move to platinum plus. Can anybody explain that to my feeble brain? Go easy and use small words. Thank you.

Last edited by Goin-2-AA; Feb 21, 2022 at 2:45 pm
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: American airlines
Originally Posted by Goin-2-AA
I qualified for the EQD waiver by spending $30,000 on my Citicard. That got me to platinum in January. I just now crossed the 60,000 EQM mark but my status did not move to platinum plus. Can anybody explain that to my feeble brain? Go easy and use small words.
Apparently this is a known glitch/issue that they haven’t been able to fix. You need to call/email probably many times until they agree to manually correct your status as it should be. Good luck! I’m in the same boat.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bethyy;[url=tel:34012215
34012215[/url]]Apparently this is a known glitch/issue that they haven’t been able to fix. You need to call/email probably many times until they agree to manually correct your status as it should be. Good luck! I’m in the same boat.
Thx...not sure whom to call or whom to email.
Any pro tip here?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Any pro tip here?
Call AAdvantage which is only available M-F. The only pro tip is that they'll get it to a supervisor that'll agree with what you're saying, and expect results a week later; you'll then see no result for another week, call again, and do this dance another 3-4 times. I'm currently on try #3 to get my 500-mle upgrades and I'm almost 60k EQM with 0 in my wallet.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:53 pm

Programs: American airlines
Any pro tip here?
it was a mess before, but as of today I just called the AAdvantage customer service number and got mine sorted out in under 5 min! Took me weeks and hours of phone waits for the last level up. So just call tomorrow morning and you should be good!
KeyHueso likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by bethyy
it was a mess before, but as of today I just called the AAdvantage customer service number and got mine sorted out in under 5 min! Took me weeks and hours of phone waits for the last level up. So just call tomorrow morning and you should be good!
Similar experience here. I qualified for the next level of status by receiving the EQD waiver from credit card spend. Once I hit the EQM required, AA did not automatically move me to my new status. I called a couple of times and spoke with agents that didn't know what I was talking about. Finally, I spoke with an agent that knew what I was talking about and fixed the issue in a couple of minutes while we were on the phone together.

A couple of days later I received an email saying AA is "granting" me the status. Odd word choice as I would expect them to say that I had "earned" the status.

It's frustrating that customers have to call and beg for their status which is rightfully earned by following the rules of promotions. Additionally, the varying skill level of telephone agents has been more on display recently than ever before. Some don't seem to know anything, and others are wonderful to talk with and skilled at their jobs. I guess it's the new world we're in with labor issues...

To the OP, good luck, try calling Advantage (1-800-433-7300) and seeing if you get an agent that knows how to help.
ebuck likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:39 am

My experience, which I posted in another thread, was that I used the aa.com chat function. I reached the EQD waiver in December and crossed the EQM threshold in early February. The agent I "chatted" with told me that the EQMs needed to have posted by the end of January, which is when the EQD waiver eligibility ended. I told the agent that the website clearly states that EQM/EQSs need to be earned by end of February. But she insisted those were the rules. Agent said that she would make a note in my file and miraculously, I got the you've been "granted" Gold status email the next day. AA didn't make this easy at all.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Did any Plat Pro qualifiers from this EQD waiver get their elite choice award?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.