Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule change nearly a nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2022, 12:21 am
OTD
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Schedule change nearly a nightmare

Flying MIA-EDI in May. Original routing out was MIA-ORD-LHR-EDI. Last week, I was notified that the schedule had changed and I was now going nonstop MIA-LHR. Fine.
Tonight I glanced at my Google Calendar for next month and saw the MIA-LHR flight on the date (but two months earlier) than I was supposed to have. The LHR-EDI leg was still in May. Yikes!
So, I called AA. Chose to get the callback. Four hours later, callback comes. The agent is very helpful but needs someone else to approve the schedule fix. So, I was on the line for an hour, but it was fixed.
I've never seen this happen where the schedule change moves up two months. I will be much more careful about checking things going forward!
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP
Could it be an issue of American Vs British date format that caused the "nightmare" in the first place? Such as ....say you were scheduled to travel on 5/3/22 American date format (May 3rd) but the rebook was made in a UK point of sale for 5/3/22 British date format (5th March).
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:43 am
OTD
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Cellisvae
Could it be an issue of American Vs British date format that caused the "nightmare" in the first place? Such as ....say you were scheduled to travel on 5/3/22 American date format (May 3rd) but the rebook was made in a UK point of sale for 5/3/22 British date format (5th March).
Anything's possible, but the date wasn't changed, just the month. Also, it's a date (without revealing my exact travel plans) that wouldn't make sense in that format. One might assume that their schedule changes are all done by computer, rather than by a human, but after this, I'm not sure. The good news is it's good now. Unless there's another schedule change.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
Originally Posted by OTD
Flying MIA-EDI in May. Original routing out was MIA-ORD-LHR-EDI. Last week, I was notified that the schedule had changed and I was now going nonstop MIA-LHR. Fine.
Tonight I glanced at my Google Calendar for next month and saw the MIA-LHR flight on the date (but two months earlier) than I was supposed to have. The LHR-EDI leg was still in May. Yikes!
So, I called AA. Chose to get the callback. Four hours later, callback comes. The agent is very helpful but needs someone else to approve the schedule fix. So, I was on the line for an hour, but it was fixed.
I've never seen this happen where the schedule change moves up two months. I will be much more careful about checking things going forward!
AA's schedule update and auto rebook isn't always working smoothly. I have a booking in April BWI-DFW-BWI, 2 weeks ago with the schedule update, it became PHL-YYZ-CLT-BWI.....even the phone agent was amazed how the system updated my trip.
OTD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.