Wiki Posts
Search

Spectacular service on AA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
Spectacular service on AA

The service I received Monday in F, on LAS-PHX #2109, was simply amazing.

The wheels weren't even in the wells when the very nice FA made the rounds, greeted me by name, drinks in glass. Polite, attentive, great attitude and even told me my arrival and connection gates.

Only a 45 minute flight, and this was easily the best flight I've had in 6 months. I made a point to tell him so when deplaning.

Shows how a pleasant crew can make a huge difference. I almost didn't post this because I'm sure the burned out folks will dogpile on me for being an apologist or something, but, this flight was so dang nice I really had to give this crew props.

All the best, James
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
There are still a lot of good crews out there that take pride in being Flight Attendants. I would say I get them on about 1/3 of my flights. I agree with you that a little bit of positive attitude and extra effort can really make a difference in the flight. I had a flight from SAN-DFW in December where the crew was exceptional.

I also get great service sometimes on my frequent flights from BMI-ORD which are usually less then 30 minutes. The short flight does not require a beverage service from the single FA, but about 20% of the time I get an FA who is flying down the aisle with a quick water service or water and OJ service, makes the flight so much more pleasant.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:52 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I had perfect 5-star service PHX-CABO yesterday and PHX-MAUI 2 weeks ago, both in F.
railmatt, DC9 and robertablake like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards
There's definitely fantastic crews out there, had a few last year. This is all mainly on AA corporate and the loud minority at APFA who feel a subpar product is the way forward.
Dallas49er likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by fdog
Shows how a pleasant crew can make a huge difference. I almost didn't post this because I'm sure the burned out folks will dogpile on me for being an apologist or something, but, this flight was so dang nice I really had to give this crew props.
Is it worth an email to AA complimenting the crew?

Kudos / Compliments / Recognition for AA employees ( master thread)

Regards,
Bill
EXPLAT, fdog, psusaver and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Did you remember this dream the following night when you went to bed?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I had a flight earlier in the year from PHX to TUS in F (15-20 minute flight time) The wonderful flight attendant had our drinks orders before push back had all the drinks somewhat pulled out and ready before take off. As soon as the 10,000 Ft "ding" we had our drinks a minute after. Some even had seconds. I will note that this was a American Eagle Flight operated by Mesa Air. Also this flight attendant was pregnant at the time. Goes to show that is someone wants to give you great service, they will!
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:42 pm

LOL...my most recent TCON was pretty good, all things considered. Full dinner service, asked throughout if I wanted anything and proactively offered to hang-up my jacket without my having to ask. While it was kind of dark, I think they were all smiling too.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by enviroian
Did you remember this dream the following night when you went to bed?
OMG! I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Ha ha!

All the best, James
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:57 pm

Dear Original Poster of this thread, Please kindly correct your typo of writing AA. We all know you made a mistake.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Only a 45 minute flight, and this was easily the best flight I've had in 6 months.
Yep, I have noticed by a HUGE margin that my best FAs in the last 12 months were on my tiny legs. Good on drinks, did the whole name thing even if it is so obvious watching them read it on their paper, friendly... the longer routes have been far INFERIOR... at a massive ratio. Maybe because newer employees get these "crappier" routes first? and newer employees aren't jaded yet? they don't have to worry about getting side eye from another FA because only 1-2 work these planes? or is 1 FA for 20 people in business or first just a horrible ratio and so they just don't give AF? At least they'll be forced to do pre-departure drinks again soon, woot, time to get back to work, just like all the Uber drivers in California finally did.
onanisland likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak
The service I received Monday in F, on LAS-PHX #2109, was simply amazing.

The wheels weren't even in the wells when the very nice FA made the rounds, greeted me by name, drinks in glass. Polite, attentive, great attitude and even told me my arrival and connection gates.

Only a 45 minute flight, and this was easily the best flight I've had in 6 months. I made a point to tell him so when deplaning.

All the best, James
Good to hear this! Most of the time people are pointing out only the deficiencies, esp on here, so this is good to know!
DC9 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I had a nice crew on a (delayed) ORD-SEA flight day before yesterday. Flight attendant by the same first name as our twenty-eighth President. I've been served by him before, within the past year, but not from Florida. Maybe DFW-SAN or something like that. He was excellent.

What was amazing was that this was the same cold meal I had on my horrific MIA-SEA flight a week ago (so bad that I flew Alaska back). But clearly the caterers in Chicago got the word to pile on the turkey (compared to the measly two morsels of Mozzarella catered by Miami). Plus W. kept the drinks coming, very gracious and efficient. I also knew to bring a snack from the Admirals Club (which got a second visit when we deplaned for the mechanical delay). The extra nosh was nice three hours after the 300 calorie sandwich "dinner." Admirals Club at H-K was professional also -- booked me back-up and some of the other F cabin immediately on the next day's morning flight. Made an announcement about the delay, and again once re-boarding began.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:39 pm
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
People here love to bash AA--often rightly so--but from my experience I've had crews ranging from good to great on most of my flights. American Eagle seems to be consistently better than UA Express or DL Connection (at least in Y/Y+). As for mainline I've had great experiences in Y/Y+ on most of my flights with the only exception being when I flew AA334 JFK-ATH last August in Y+ and the crew gave away my special meal and never apologized, but instead harshly made me choose one of the standard meals (the only reason I know the FA gave it away is because I overheard another, much kinder FA telling the harsh one that they just gave away my meal. They never even acknowledged it to me...)
Cthunder86 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Shouldn't the title be changed from Spectacular to What Service Should be on all AA Fights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.