Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Chit/Marker for those that earned EP Status during Covid.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chit/Marker for those that earned EP Status during Covid.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by VFR
If you are an EXP and manage to accrue over $20,000 EQDs, you should be able to meet the Loyalty Points threshold for EXP (I believe the CC boost actually ends up being more beneficial).
You would think so but our plans will have us falling short this year but not the following year. Problem is, is that if we lose EP, the it will be near impossible to ever get it back due to multipliers. We have self fund our flying.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by MarJon
You would think so but our plans will have us falling short this year but not the following year. Problem is, is that if we lose EP, the it will be near impossible to ever get it back due to multipliers. We have self fund our flying.
If you pay for international J, what's the issue? No real difference between Plat Pro and EXP for such people. A status "chit" certainly wouldn't come with SWUs.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:54 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by MarJon
I feel you. I also self-fund almost all of my flying, and probably spend about $4000/year on air travel in normal years. Most of my EQMs and EQDs accumulated flying discount business fares on Japan Airlines and Finnair, as well as some AAVacations Special Fares.

If you lose EXP, it does make it significantly harder to qualify for EXP in later years -- I'm sure the program was designed this way (as well as to have a built-in soft-landing).

On the flip side of the coin, if you determine you are only going to accumulate $15000 in "EQD" next year (which with the EXP bonus corresponds to 165,000 Loyalty Points), you may be able to find the remaining 35,000 Loyalty Points elsewhere fairly easily. For example, buying a new computer during the occasional AAdvantage eShopping bonuses on Apple / Best Buy / etc.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Maybe they can give out a big button that has DYKWIA on it?
js1993 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Maybe they can give out a big button that has DYKWIA on it?
hahaha
Old Feb 11, 2022, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by js1993
This is hilarious. For most of 2020, anyone who talked about leaving the house was blasted for being a disease-spreader who wanted to kill grandma.
Yup, a lot of us realized this was BS around March/April of 2020 and took our lives back.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by 747-800i
Yup, a lot of us realized this was BS around March/April of 2020 and took our lives back.
I realized it was BS in March 2020 and refused to participate in the degrading theater and nonsense imposed on travelers.

To each his own, I suppose.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:03 pm
Suspended

I realized it was BS in March 2020 and refused to participate in the degrading theater and nonsense imposed on travelers.

The theater was and continues to be ridiculous and useless. Agreed.
js1993 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by 747-800i

Let's not get this thread moved to Bad OMNI.
psusaver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.