Wiki Posts
Search

AA working hard to not get customers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
AA working hard to not get customers

decided to make the jump to AA from DL. inquired about a status challenge and was told they were not coming back until march. that was the end of the conversation.

ok, I'll just stick with DL until march. if not longer.
boss315 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by gitismatty
decided to make the jump to AA from DL. inquired about a status challenge and was told they were not coming back until march. that was the end of the conversation.

Are you unaware that status challenges need to be completely redesigned in view of the revised AAdvantage program? Since actual flying has been deemphasized, a flying challenge would make no sense. Neither would a shopping or spending challenge.

I'm sure the "brain trust" at AA is still trying to figure this out.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would have thought all of those details would have been worked while the program was being designed.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
Would have thought all of those details would have been worked while the program was being designed.
That's not how it works at AA.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
decided to make the jump to AA from DL.
Why?
MIAFlyer and cfw like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Why?
I have no idea why someone would willingly switch from DL to AA, especially now.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:51 pm
cfw

Programs: UA, DL, LH, Marriott, Amex
It's a great title for a thread
IAHtraveler and Etheereal like this.

Last edited by cfw; Jan 27, 2022 at 9:57 pm
Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
Of all the ways AA is trying to shoo away customers, this one seems fairly mild.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...

Yea switching seems nuts right now but if you wanted to do it because AA has better route and times for your primary flights, ok. Cool. Except the new program begins in March but has kinda started in January but uh yea they are a mess. So that’s probably why no one now… you couldn’t earn any loyalty points towards a goal since they’re not sharing what loyalty points you’re earning exactly until March 1
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
heck... I have been thinking of switching to BA ... it seems simpler to qualify..
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by PotomacApproach
Of all the ways AA is trying to shoo away customers, this one seems fairly mild.
Yeah I saw the thread title and assumed it was about the turkey sandwich.
cfw, Etheereal, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:45 am

decided to make the jump to AA from DL. inquired about a status challenge
Well, there's your problem. You asked for a status challenge! No one at AA is interested in challenging DL's status as the least bad of the US3.
Etheereal likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-PL, Hilton-Diamond, Marriot-Gold, IHG-Plat
Originally Posted by fotographer
heck... I have been thinking of switching to BA ... it seems simpler to qualify..
I am switching to BA. Silver is OW Sapphire. Gets me the MCE seats on booking. No upgrades, but do not get those anyway as AA Plat
fotographer likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vasantn
Are you unaware that status challenges need to be completely redesigned in view of the revised AAdvantage program? Since actual flying has been deemphasized, a flying challenge would make no sense. Neither would a shopping or spending challenge.

I'm sure the "brain trust" at AA is still
trying to figure this out.
I don't think that's the issue. March is the beginning of the qualifying period now.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
AA's program became more interesting this year. Many online travel blogs have posted a myriad of ways to gain status w/o butt in the seat. I think AA is the only airline,( i am probably wrong) where you can qualify on spend alone.
For me, I have both Citi and Barclay cc so I will be able to get maximum value and points thru my business spend. In addition, for me, being LAX based, AA goes where I want to go and offers me the best flight choices. Wish there were more bigger planes but that's not just in the cards so far this year. In addition, I have tremendous upgrade success every-time I fly when I don't pay for premium (that's joke) class.
Flying is no longer a glamorous thing. Its a way to get from Point A to Point B. So let your $$$ talk and let the best schedule win. In the end, that's the power we, as passengers, have with all airlines.
js1993 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.