Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Extra "Fast Track" to Status "SLCT1"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold

Hey guys, got a promotion for this "fast track" offer, code SLCT1 for Business Extra: https://www.exploreamerican.com/glob...antage-status/

Does anyone know if this requires registration of some kind? I guess it's just automatic if/when someone flies using the business extra number? Seems like an easy way to grab status! Since I'm already Gold, would I be out of luck to earn platinum this way?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by milohoss
Hey guys, got a promotion for this "fast track" offer, code SLCT1 for Business Extra: https://www.exploreamerican.com/glob...antage-status/

Does anyone know if this requires registration of some kind? I guess it's just automatic if/when someone flies using the business extra number? Seems like an easy way to grab status! Since I'm already Gold, would I be out of luck to earn platinum this way?
Often, for BE promos, you need to add the promo code on the BE site, but this appears to be different
  • AAdvantage® members who do not hold AAdvantage® status will automatically activate this promotion after completing a business flight that is attributed to a company’s account with American"

Last edited by mvoight; Jan 27, 2022 at 3:31 pm
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by milohoss

I think you would still need to fly 16 segments.

[Edited to add:] Or maybe not. It does say you have to be without current status to participate.

Last edited by vasantn; Jan 27, 2022 at 3:17 pm
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
we have a similar promo on our corp booking site. you have to book your first flight through your booking portal so AA knows it originated there. so no you dont need to register, but you do have to take a specific action to initiate
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:42 pm

But I don’t think milohoss is eligible for the promo. It’s very specificly worded that it does not apply to members already holding status.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Thanks! Well I don't book through a portal, my business is too small for that. We just book directly on AA.com. I have a few employees whom I know have no status and this sound like it'll automatically enroll them if they take a flight. For me I guess I'm out of luck, personally.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Platinum
I just saw this in my account after taking a round trip from PWM to AVL. I only took AA because the flights were the only ones that worked with my schedule. Only 8 segments needed for Gold and 16 for Platinum. I may try to get another 4 segments to get back to Gold after several years with no AA status. Maybe I can actually use some my 28 500 mile upgrades that are useless with no status.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Platinum
Originally Posted by gitismatty
we have a similar promo on our corp booking site. you have to book your first flight through your booking portal so AA knows it originated there. so no you dont need to register, but you do have to take a specific action to initiate
My impression from reading all of the rules is that you can book later trips after the first one through any site and the segments will still count toward this promotion. Do you agree that is correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.