Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International F service on AA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question International F service on AA

What is the service like on International F with AA. Would be JFK to LHR?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
You get a degree of heightened "exclusivity" since your cabin is separate with 8 seats. Plus you get a rickety chair and a bowl of Sysco soup.

#goingforgreat

ETA. To be fair you'll get access to the flagship lounge. I would eat and knock back everything you can there as it might as well been a different company. It's very nice and the food is great. It's nothing remotely compared to the F&B you'll get on board from your friendly flight attendant.

If I were you I'd save your money and go for J. It's a 6 hour flight and the menus are the same. You might get a better wine than mad dog in F but you'll still get Titos and good noise cancelling headphones (that get ripped off your head somewhere over Glasgow ) You wont' get Flagship Dining at JFK but still get FL access.

Last edited by enviroian; Jan 11, 2022 at 9:01 am
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
It's a short overnight flight. If it were me, I would seek to travel in F on the LHR-JFK segment. You'll get Concorde Room access at LHR and, if you are connecting beyond JFK, FFD at JFK.
Markie, allset2travel and 355F1 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by enviroian
You get a degree of heightened "exclusivity" since your cabin is separate with 8 seats. Plus you get a rickety chair and a bowl of Sysco soup.

#goingforgreat

ETA. To be fair you'll get access to the flagship lounge. I would eat and knock back everything you can there as it might as well been a different company. It's very nice and the food is great. It's nothing remotely compared to the F&B you'll get on board from your friendly flight attendant.

If I were you I'd save your money and go for J. It's a 6 hour flight and the menus are the same. You might get a better wine than mad dog in F but you'll still get Titos and good noise cancelling headphones (that get ripped off your head somewhere over Glasgow ) You wont' get Flagship Dining at JFK but still get FL access.
Really? I believe FFD would most definitely be included in F for JFK-LHR... ??? Or are you saying there is some sort of new (covid) closure?

EDIT: OP was talking J in the paragraph I referenced. Didn't read it close enough! So sorry!

Last edited by Madison Guy; Jan 12, 2022 at 4:03 pm
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I have been in a couple of inflight situations where I was glad there were older flight attendants. Some situations call for the stern, grandmother tone!!!
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Really? I believe FFD would most definitely be included in F for JFK-LHR... ??? Or are you saying there is some sort of new (covid) closure?
ian was saying no FFD if OP just does J instead
enviroian and Antarius like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:09 pm

I just bagged a unicorn (to me) first redemption LAX-LHR for 85,000 miles. Only 7,000 more than J so I figured it's worth it for flagship first at the very least.

Anyone know what spirits they offer on board? I couldn't find a list anywhere. Is the champagne at least decent?
enviroian and JoeWoodstock like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by HGPilot
I just bagged a unicorn (to me) first redemption LAX-LHR for 85,000 miles. Only 7,000 more than J so I figured it's worth it for flagship first at the very least.

Anyone know what spirits they offer on board? I couldn't find a list anywhere. Is the champagne at least decent?
Buy a lottery ticket today.
HGPilot and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold

Sadly the spirits are just the normal ones (Aviation, Tito's, Woodford, Glenlivet, Jack...) plus maybe Courvoisier cognac (can't recall whether it was VS or VSOP), Disaronno, and a couple others. The US carriers have never in my lifetime, to my knowledge, offered dramatically enhanced F spirits like JL/CX/EY/QR etc.

Champagne though has been drinkable these days... check the international meal thread but I feel like I've seen at least Lanson-level stuff.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Sadly the spirits are just the normal ones (Aviation, Tito's, Woodford, Glenlivet, Jack...) plus maybe Courvoisier cognac (can't recall whether it was VS or VSOP), Disaronno, and a couple others. The US carriers have never in my lifetime, to my knowledge, offered dramatically enhanced F spirits like JL/CX/EY/QR etc.

Champagne though has been drinkable these days... check the international meal thread but I feel like I've seen at least Lanson-level stuff.
Wel...that explains why I can't find it posted anywhere. Maybe it's so crappy to discourage pressing the call button. Guess I'll make the most of FFD.

Honestly I'm just glad I was able to redeem miles after all these years without 3 connections, 2 overnights and a journey time triple the direct flight they offer multiple times a day. Or 57k miles plus the huge BA surcharge plus a fee to reserve your seat.
JoeWoodstock likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by platbrownguy

Could you imagine AA upgrading spirts for F?
lol
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I just bagged a unicorn (to me) first redemption LAX-LHR for 85,000 miles...
While the liquor is the same as J (and domestic F), the international Flagship F wine list is still fairly decent. Expect a vintage Champagne of some sorts and there's usually an enjoyable red on the list. Granted, it's not the $300+/bottle special edition vintage Bollinger I had yesterday in NH F, but AA's international Flagship F wines aren't terrible. Here's an example wine list from last year:

-FlyerBeek
HGPilot likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by enviroian
... but you'll still get Titos and good noise cancelling headphones (that get ripped off your head somewhere over Glasgow ) You wont' get Flagship Dining at JFK but still get FL access.
It's been a few years since I flew AA J - I forgot about them collecting the headsets early! I was glad I had my own Bose to pull out, but it was borderline insulting (implying I'm a thief).

​​Do the Admirals Clubs still dole out drink chits? Thankfully they don't do that in the flagship lounge!
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:10 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I’d rather have older and smarter than younger and dumber as I had on a recent DFW- HNL where the Lead was well in the race for the Nora Nobrains prix de 2021. I have had old and snappy, and I am too old and too intolerant myself to allow a woman who was doing the strict minimum in the cabin (HNL-LAX) and could be [bothered] to do PDB s or anything that required her to put herself out. We should have been humbled by her deigning to serve anyone at all.

I deal with these people by tackling them in their lair when I am level with them and not being spoken down to. This leads us to International F on AA. It is hit and miss. I’ve rarely had a bad JFK crew. Lord, have I had some horrors out of LAX but they were minorities Frankly until you have someone who is an Inflight Manager and paid us such, who has the authority to give directions and reprimand if needs be, this will never change. I cannot see AA doing that any time soon.

Last edited by Microwave; Jan 12, 2022 at 3:42 am Reason: Profanity and profanity placeholders are not allowed on FlyerTalk
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Frankly until you have someone who is an Inflight Manager and paid us such, who has the authority to give directions and reprimand if needs be, this will never change. I cannot see AA doing that any time soon.
Yep. That and promotions become merit based and not purely on time served.
PUCCI GALORE and Dallas49er like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.