Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

CLT Admiral Club Closed ? / Reopened 24 Jun 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLT Admiral Club Closed ? / Reopened 24 Jun 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jayer
It surprises me they didn't rent a conference room. . . . .or something. Not frustrating passengers over a situation that can be mitigated must be low priority.
They've certainly created temporary clubs in other airports. Usually nowhere near as nice, but at least you feel like you're still getting the access you've paid for. I think the CLT B club would struggle to handle even the volume of eligible J class passengers, let alone the general AC members. CLT has been undergoing other renovations for quite some time and it is a busy hub. Perhaps there simply isn't an area they can designate as a spill-over temporary club space.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
They've certainly created temporary clubs in other airports. Usually nowhere near as nice, but at least you feel like you're still getting the access you've paid for. I think the CLT B club would struggle to handle even the volume of eligible J class passengers, let alone the general AC members. CLT has been undergoing other renovations for quite some time and it is a busy hub. Perhaps there simply isn't an area they can designate as a spill-over temporary club space.
Perhaps not. But it seems like at the least the B Club could be turned into a glorified take out window, open up a time warp, and the Bistro Bags ride again. It's something, and better than nothing.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
According to this article, AA isn't even doing much in the way of passenger experience upgrades. Giant miss if true. Delta put a lot into their ATL clubs, and you'd think that AA could do more than the bare minimum legally mandated upgrades.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...hj7u3P07hC6AjU
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Traveling throughCLT Friday and received this in an email today
re C lounge:

“The Concourse C Admirals Club® will be closed for updates. You can visit the Guest Service Center on the mezzanine level of the Atrium between Concourse B and C for help with ticketing and travel. This space will also offer grab-and-go snacks, bottled water and coffee. “

I'm not quite visualizing where this is. Not sure I’ll have time to check it out friday
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Went through CLT last night. Agent at B Concourse Admirals Club stated that the main club is being renovated (which it desperately needed) and will reopen in 6 months.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
According to this article, AA isn't even doing much in the way of passenger experience upgrades. Giant miss if true. Delta put a lot into their ATL clubs, and you'd think that AA could do more than the bare minimum legally mandated upgrades.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...hj7u3P07hC6AjU
Timing is the biggest challenge to scope here. AA isn't afraid to invest in major club upgrades to be semi-competitive (Austin), and if they were building a replacement location like they did when they replaced the original C and D Clubs with the current C Club I'm sure we'd see something different than what we'll get, but they desperately need the lounge back in service before Summer and you can only speed up airside airport construction projects so much.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by aj411
Traveling throughCLT Friday and received this in an email today
re C lounge:

“The Concourse C Admirals Club® will be closed for updates. You can visit the Guest Service Center on the mezzanine level of the Atrium between Concourse B and C for help with ticketing and travel. This space will also offer grab-and-go snacks, bottled water and coffee. “

I'm not quite visualizing where this is. Not sure I’ll have time to check it out friday
It's upstairs from the giant food court with the Chick-Fil-A/minute suites/piano/rocking chairs.

I flew through CLT on Monday night and it was pretty miserable, Amex lounge closed, small AC packed to the gills, and lots of outlets in the airport also closed apparently due to staffing (even Chick-Fil-A was closed at 7:30 on a Monday night.)
aj411 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:21 pm

I am not a fan of clt to start with but the lounges need help. I try to avoid flying thru clt but i do have a flight booked in late Oct slc/clt/iad. I do hope the renovation is completed by then???
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA, WN
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
It's upstairs from the giant food court with the Chick-Fil-A/minute suites/piano/rocking chairs.
Where are the stairs and/or elevator? I'm having trouble picturing this, too..
Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP

I'm assuming this is the area, can someone confirm? Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by FAA1996

I'm assuming this is the area, can someone confirm? Thanks
Yes that's the area. There are also stairs on the C/D side -- the Minute Suites reception desk is literally built underneath the staircase.

If you sit in the rocking chairs that are all along the long moving walkways at the back of the atrium (facing the food court), and if you look up, you'll see the mezzanine area up there.
onanisland likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jmj9905
I am not a fan of clt to start with but the lounges need help. I try to avoid flying thru clt but i do have a flight booked in late Oct slc/clt/iad. I do hope the renovation is completed by then???
I mean October is 9 months away and the renovations are supposed to take 6 months, so I sincerely hope it's open by then.

In any event for a flight that far away I would just wait for a schedule change then switch to a better routing through DFW or ORD, etc.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Yes that's the area. There are also stairs on the C/D side -- the Minute Suites reception desk is literally built underneath the staircase.

If you sit in the rocking chairs that are all along the long moving walkways at the back of the atrium (facing the food court), and if you look up, you'll see the mezzanine area up there.
​​​​​​ANy idea what was up there before? I've seen the stairs, but never bothered to investigate
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by Antarius
​​​​​​ANy idea what was up there before? I've seen the stairs, but never bothered to investigate
If I recall, it's not a big space, there were chairs in an open area by the front balcony and rooms in back with a chapel, nursing room, and maybe an office(s).
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
For those of you who are CK's, I was informed by the CLT Elite Services Manager that CK's do not need to wait in line at the B AC to get in and they have an area in the B AC roped off just for CK's. My wife and I will check it out tomorrow before our flight out.
onanisland and Antarius like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.