Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

CLT Admiral Club Closed ? / Reopened 24 Jun 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLT Admiral Club Closed ? / Reopened 24 Jun 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by nyc6035
FWIW, a couple of weeks ago I had a flight out of CLT and went over to The Club before A21/A22. It was perhaps a 5 minute walk each way from the B pier. They do not have an alcohol license to serve yet...but they had nice finger food (order via an app with service to your seat), a machine that made espresso drinks and sodas in a fridge. It was perfectly pleasant and not overly crowded. In the future I'll likely leverage it for longer layovers where I have a flight going out of B gates.

A priority pass card is required for entry.

they are serving alcohol now.
robertablake likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Stopped by the mezzanine outpost last Sunday afternoon June 5th and one of the staff said they were being told 3 weeks to reopening which would mean around June 26th. Someone remarked to her that if the estimate came from the contractor, they better add some more time to that!
robertablake likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:36 am

From the twitter just now....This bodes well for an "on time arrival"
perhaps CLT club for C/D concourse will actually be back open end of June after all

twa777, GNRMatt, jhalapin and 3 others like this.

Last edited by LovePrunes; Jun 17, 2022 at 9:42 am
Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Was in the "B" Club for about 45 minutes yesterday (after a 15 minute queue). The longtime bartender (who predates even the B renovations) told me that the refreshed "C-D" club will open to members on June 24, this coming Friday. He was quite definitive about that date.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
I saw it was closed yesterday. Took what seemed like forever of a walk and confusing to find to Club CLT which accepts Priority Pass. It was surprisingly not crowded. That is an awful airport for plane spotting. 4 American 772s and some military planes parked from a distance.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
I actually have a connection in CLT on June 24th, will report back if I get to visit the AC in C.
robertablake likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat
I fly through CLT early Saturday morning (Jun 25). I'll report the open status on day 2.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:17 am

TPG confirms it's reopening on Thursday. Great news for me since I'm connecting through CLT this coming Monday.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: AA-EXP
The CLT C Club is open today (June 24). It is pretty crowded, but not at max capacity yet.
Kwanger and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Pictures Please!
rhg247 and LovePrunes like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fastflyer
Pictures Please!
Urrrr.... I mean, it's basically the exact same club as prior. This has been well documented. It wasn't a re-model, but rather maintenance fixes, other than the bathrooms.

https://viewfromthewing.com/american...ooks-the-same/

So.... if you've seen it before you know what it looks like now.

Regards
JJeffrey and VaBeachGirl like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Is the guest services center in the central atrium closed?

Did AA close the Admirals Club guest services center above the food court?

I hope not. It would be a good third lounge. I liked it better than the regular Admirals Club.
Stripe and S80 like this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by fastflyer
Pictures Please!
Sorry, posted the update right before shutting down the computer to head to the gate. As Scubadu says, there aren't any real changes. However, they cleaned up the chairs a bit, and either re-arranged or removed some of the chairs with the built-in desks (which are my personal favorite for working). The Men's room had new "wood finish" doors instead of the old stainless steel ones. That's about all i noticed during my quick connection.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
Did AA close the Admirals Club guest services center above the food court?

I hope not. It would be a good third lounge. I liked it better than the regular Admirals Club.
I agree. It's a nice quiet oasis with some simple but decent food and beverage options, and agents who are never busy. I kind of doubt they will keep it, however.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Gold
The lack of any significant upgrade to the AC is congruent with the conclusion I came to yesterday, that the entire airport is a third-world hellhole right now. Because apparently there's no @#$*(ing parking available if you don't book online ahead of time, I parked on the Blue Ridge Parkway practically. Escalators not working. Terminal lobby hot as hell. Restaurants close super early before even 9 PM flights land. Waited 40 minutes for an overflow shuttle because they picked peak summer travel season to do road work closing a lane at an intersection outside of the overflow lot, blocking two of three ways traffic could flow. It's nearly enough to get me to drive to Greensboro.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.