Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Award ticket effected by schedule change allowed to fly b6?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Situation:
I had a great award ticket booked using miles. Great connections and timing. AA had a schedule change. Options on AA metal are all terrible now to rebook or a totally different time of day.

There is an option right now using miles showing on aa.com with one segment on JetBlue. I called AA and after a call back 6 hours later was told cant be changed because one segment on JetBlue? Odd answer since the exact flight segments are available using miles right now? Can aa really not reacommodate me with one segment on b6? I could dish out alot of additional miles and make the exact change myself online but seems weird that I would have to use more of my own miles for their schedule change? Anyone have experience being rebooked on an award ticket because of a schedule change to JetBlue? Was it just the agent I had or does this sound right? I dont want to spend the extra AA miles if I dont have too
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:16 pm

Did you Hang Up and Call Again? Did you bang you head against the wall? Seriously though try HUCA and see what happens.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Centurion
Did you Hang Up and Call Again? Did you bang you head against the wall? Seriously though try HUCA and see what happens.
Can you cancel and book the one you want? No charge
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Centurion
Have you not watched the news in the last week? Sounds like you were too busy banging you head to see all the flight cancellations ie why hold times are still insane. The hold times are hours long to reach a new rep you cant simply hang up and get a new rep.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by lunchtime
Have you not watched the news in the last week? Sounds like you were too busy banging you head to see all the flight cancellations ie why hold times are still insane. The hold times are hours long to reach a new rep you cant simply hang up and get a new rep.
When schedule changes happen AA is pretty flexible and can switch you to pretty much any other routing on AA metal, however they typically will not switch you to another routing involving partner carriers unless space is available at the exact same award level.

Out of curiosity what was your original booking, and how many miles did it cost? And the new routing, and how many miles?

Also, when are the flights in question? If they're still many months out in the future then I wouldn't worry about this now, there will almost certainly be additional schedule changes, so better options may become available down the line.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
I had JFK-LAS flight on AA metal that got canceled and AA put me on a much later flight on another AA metal. I called Australia # and the agent was glad to rebook me on to a B6 flight that left earlier.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
When schedule changes happen AA is pretty flexible and can switch you to pretty much any other routing on AA metal, however they typically will not switch you to another routing involving partner carriers unless space is available at the exact same award level.

Out of curiosity what was your original booking, and how many miles did it cost? And the new routing, and how many miles?

Also, when are the flights in question? If they're still many months out in the future then I wouldn't worry about this now, there will almost certainly be additional schedule changes, so better options may become available down the line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.