Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Where To Find Loyalty Points (in my AAdvantage account)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where To Find Loyalty Points (in my AAdvantage account)?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DreAAmliner
I did the Motley Fool $99 sub for 3,700 6,500 miles promo on 1/10.
Just posted today 1/12.

All 6,500 miles were "Base" miles, which, in theory, should count as LPs...
My Motley Fool offer is $99 for 7,400 miles... so they seem to have targeted offers with different price points and miles amounts?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by coleslaw
My Motley Fool offer is $99 for 7,400 miles... so they seem to have targeted offers with different price points and miles amounts?
The subscription amount ($$) and the amount of miles you can earn varies by the day seemingly.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:31 am
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The subscription amount ($$) and the amount of miles you can earn varies by the day seemingly.
This seems true. It is now offering me the 7,400 deal. I read the T&C and it is a bit hazy if i can subscribe again....
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
This seems true. It is now offering me the 7,400 deal. I read the T&C and it is a bit hazy if i can subscribe again....
I'm pretty sure I read one subscription per person somewhere.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For the same $99?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
The real question is whether AA will be sticking to LPs for any considerable time as the competitors are in no rush to copycat these changes. My problem with AA is that for the last several years they were changing the elite qualification rules at least once per year while the service was rapidly deteriorating. Regarding the latter, I just flew KOA-LAX-CLT in F on A231 and do not like it at all. On one of the flights, an old lady who was seating next to told that "this is not what she was expecting from the first class" as food was uneatable, the seat had a very limited recline, FAs were busy with themselves, no USB port for the phone to charge and no video screen. She was paying close to $2K for that one-way ticket.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Has AA even notified the IT team about Loyalty points yet? lol
metallo likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:18 pm
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
For the same $99?
It is now showing $99 with a 40% off promo deal.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by Alex_I
The real question is whether AA will be sticking to LPs for any considerable time as the competitors are in no rush to copycat these changes. My problem with AA is that for the last several years they were changing the elite qualification rules at least once per year while the service was rapidly deteriorating. Regarding the latter, I just flew KOA-LAX-CLT in F on A231 and do not like it at all. On one of the flights, an old lady who was seating next to told that "this is not what she was expecting from the first class" as food was uneatable, the seat had a very limited recline, FAs were busy with themselves, no USB port for the phone to charge and no video screen. She was paying close to $2K for that one-way ticket.

I actually like our fleet of planes compared to other carriers. the A321 in F should have a USB or power adapter somewhere on it. I think they all have it now.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Antarius
There are only so many carrier pigeons available.
Wouldn’t this be better suited to the ‘Post shortages you notice’ thread? LOL.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni...tice-here.html
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Amil
I actually like our fleet of planes compared to other carriers. the A321 in F should have a USB or power adapter somewhere on it. I think they all have it now.
F only has the standard power plug.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Alex_I
F only has the standard power plug.
Some of the new refits have a USB port as well.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:18 am

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak
I did the Motley Fool $99 sub for 3,700 6,500 miles promo on 1/10.
Just posted today 1/12.

All 6,500 miles were "Base" miles, which, in theory, should count as LPs...
Is the motley fool subscription of any actual real worth in the real world (in equity markets)? If not it's basically buying 6500miles for $99, right? So you spent 1.5c per mile to acquire miles, and also loyalty points. Am I understanding this correct?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by psusaver
Is the motley fool subscription of any actual real worth in the real world (in equity markets)? If not it's basically buying 6500miles for $99, right? So you spent 1.5c per mile to acquire miles, and also loyalty points. Am I understanding this correct?
If you cut through the sensationalist buzzfeed style intro and closure, it's not a bad publication.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
If you cut through the sensationalist buzzfeed style intro and closure, it's not a bad publication.
Is there anything left after cutting through that?
LovePrunes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.