Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deadhead crew in 2L coughing away….

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:24 am

It's not a Covid thing! If you're sick, don't go out in public and spread whatever the hell you have! And you have zero business getting on public transport!
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
I'm a little confused by all of the replies that say "It's fine; it's probably not covid."

It's probably not covid. It's still disconcerting to have someone immediately behind you hacking and wheezing uncontrollably for five hours after noting they'd been bedridden for nine days. I don't want to be subjected to a bad cold or flu even if it's not covid-19.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ezefllying
It's probably not covid. It's still disconcerting to have someone immediately behind you hacking and wheezing uncontrollably for five hours after noting they'd been bedridden for nine days. I don't want to be subjected to a bad cold or flu even if it's not covid-19.
It's disconcerting to me too. The difference is before covid there most likely wouldn't be a post about someone sneezing on a plane as it's been happening since the dawn of aviation. Only in these "covid" times does everyone automatically point and/or post something about it or what it could be.
LETTERBOY and RaindropT like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:47 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I doubt the employee is deadheading, a deadheading employee is on-duty and being repositioned by the airline to get to or from where they need to be for work.

What do you mean by 'still showing symptoms', were they 'stuck in Bogota for 9 days' because they had Covid or something else the coughing is a symptom of?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Originally Posted by Repooc17
OP, the person you described sat behind you in first class, so I think you are going to be ok.
Ah I forgot the risk level dropped by 1000% when sitting in F... hehe
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Regardless of if it's COVID - if you can't constrain a cough/cold you shouldn't be flying. We would have thought this pandemic taught that to us or are still some stubborn about it. Plenty of OTC meds you can take to calm/soothe a cough/cold during a flight and not be hacking away in the cabin.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I'm fine with everyone thinking any minor cough/sneeze/etc. is CV19. Makes my trips to the grocery store much more pleasant. Too many people around? Just fake a cough and watch the aisle clear out for a private shopping experience instead of everyone standing around on top of each other.

Same thing goes at airports.
MDTyKe, N1120A, LETTERBOY and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: CK or bust
A seat opponent ate what passes for lunch the other day:

LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Adding to the its not COVID posts, I have had some recent major issues with heartburn that causes me to cough, especially after I eat just about anything. I might end up coughing on your flight especially if long-haul with a meal, and I can assure you, it isn't even a cold... it's just my weird body.
N1120A, LETTERBOY and RaindropT like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by currentjer
On aa1122 bog-dfw 9 November right now….and there’s a deadheading crew coughing away in 2L…right behind me. He mentioned that he has been sick and stuck in Bogota for 9 days and is finally returning home.

I’m happy for him that he’s getting back to his family - but even with my vaccine, I’m still feeling a little nervous about flying w an aa employee clearly still showing symptoms.

Boarding door has closed so not sure what can be done. Am I being paranoid?
Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean you aren't correct.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
OP is correct. Such people should not be flying.
aamilesslave and Iloveitaly like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: Lifemiles, AAdvantage
Oh yes, forbid anyone from coughing or even sneezing from entering an airplane. Good luck finding air crew like that. hope your next experience is greAAt
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:13 pm
Suspended

On aa1122 bog-dfw 9 November right now….and there’s a deadheading crew coughing away in 2L…right behind me. He mentioned that he has been sick and stuck in Bogota for 9 days and is finally returning home.

I’m happy for him that he’s getting back to his family - but even with my vaccine, I’m still feeling a little nervous about flying w an aa employee clearly still showing symptoms.

Boarding door has closed so not sure what can be done. Am I being paranoid?
so you're not allowed to cough now ? Seriously.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:34 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
there’s a deadheading crew coughing away in 2L
What makes you think the pax sitting in 2L was an employee ?
Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I've coughed from water going down the wrong pipe and worried people would see me as Typhoid Henry in this era.
GrumpyYoungMan and Etheereal like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.