Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Meltdown 10/31/21

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2021, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by jayer
Maybe both crew and weather at the same time. Local media reported that DFW was only operating the crosswind runways (only two, and shorter than the normal four) Thursday, Friday, and at least sometime into Saturday due to high winds. OF course if you had enough crew cushion to absorb that, and it is the end of the month, perhaps you can mitigate. Just sayin.
Local media may be clueless and/or lying and/or parroting AA's lies.

There is no way that KDFW was using only 31 on Saturday. I don't even think the statement was true with regards to Friday. From what I saw, only on Thursday was KDFW down to using just the two 31s.

Last edited by Herb687; Oct 31, 2021 at 3:58 pm Reason: syntax
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Garbage airline, garbage excuses… even going on AA’s web site makes me feel dirty
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by beachfan
Something to keep track of for the mid term future I guess, don't plan AA travel last day of month on a widebody
Gives another meaning to "that time of the month"!
knit-in, supervillian and hhdl like this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by pigx5
AA2857 is still missing 5 crews including 1 pilot and the gate agent says that the tower has no idea who would be assigned to this flight.
not sure what the tower has to do with AA staffing issues.
princeville, Annerk and no1cub17 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
not sure what the tower has to do with AA staffing issues.
Presumably that's AA's ramp tower at the airport, not the FAA's ATCT.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Stuck in this mess at MIA, all 4 agents I've talked to confirm it's a walk-out/protest. To add insult to injury, the AC agent was really rude when I asked to be rebooked: when I told her there were earlier flights for sale she told me to go ahead and book a new ticket then. Of course, second time this week I've paid for F and will end up flying Y with a ridiculous 'refund. Keeping fingers crossed I make it out of this zoo tonight.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FAA1996
Stuck in this mess at MIA, all 4 agents I've talked to confirm it's a walk-out/protest. To add insult to injury, the AC agent was really rude when I asked to be rebooked: when I told her there were earlier flights for sale she told me to go ahead and book a new ticket then. Of course, second time this week I've paid for F and will end up flying Y with a ridiculous 'refund. Keeping fingers crossed I make it out of this zoo tonight.
Any chance you can book DL MIA-ATL-XXX or UA via one of its hubs?
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by FAA1996
Stuck in this mess at MIA, all 4 agents I've talked to confirm it's a walk-out/protest.
By who? I’m a tad doubtful that’s true. Getting the AFPA and APA jointly taking some type of job action would be a huge under taking. I don’t see it. Further I’ll guarantee that both groups work agreement have a no “No Strike” clause. So unless both contracts are amendable? This is just frustrated agents guessing. Most likely AA is over extended and under staffed. Something a company whose service standards have been circling the drain for awhile usually creates.
skylady, jfinsocal, milski and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
Any chance you can book DL MIA-ATL-XXX or UA via one of its hubs?
Checked UA and DL and no go today. If I don't get out tonight I'll rebook with one of them tomorrow.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I'm currently in SLC and all AA flights to DFW are cancelled. DL and WN flights are operating as usual so blaiming the weather is laughable at best.
Tack and RaindropT like this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tack
By who? I’m a tad doubtful that’s true. Getting the AFPA and APA jointly taking some type of job action would be a huge under taking. I don’t see it. Further I’ll guarantee that both groups work agreement have a no “No Strike” clause. So unless both contracts are amendable? This is just frustrated agents guessing. Most likely AA is over extended and under staffed. Something a company whose service standards have been circling the drain for awhile usually creates.
They say it's the pilots; it's all hearsay but I figure pilots and agents and FAs talk and they might have heard things. I don't know for sure.
milesmilesmiles likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let me play meteorologist - our models predict severe weather-related delays impacting AA (and only AA) on Nov 30...
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by azepine00
Let me play meteorologist - our models predict severe weather-related delays impacting AA (and only AA) on Nov 30...
You must be the same meteorologist that predicted the same thing for WN on 10/9
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Landed at DFW an hour ago. Beautiful weather, slight winds. Inside the terminal there was a 100 yard line of people lining up for customer service.
Eyenigma likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
When these operational issues hit you need lots of employees to help out.
jcf27 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.