Assault on Crew

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2021, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Assault on Crew

https://abc7ny.com/american-airlines...ults/11174966/
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
More details in this article: https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021...-by-passenger/
DIRECT MERIT likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Over a mask? What do these idiots expect to happen after something like this?
You know you have to wear a mask and can't get away with it, so why not just do it?
It's not up to the FA if you wear a mask, so why take it out on them?
In addition to jail time, I hope the FA sues him for as much as possible.

Last edited by mvoight; Oct 28, 2021 at 1:22 am
Old Oct 28, 2021, 4:40 am

Programs: AA
These incidents continue to absolutely boggle my mind. Don't know what else to say.
scoonee, chollie, Annerk and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Absolutely shameful. For substantiated cases like these, once convicted that individual should be placed on a permanent no fly list.

-FlyerBeek
jlemon, FrogProf, Annerk and 7 others like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
Over a mask? What do these idiots expect to happen after something like this?
You know you have to wear a mask and can't get away with it, so why not just do it?
It's not up to the FA if you wear a mask, so why take it out on them?
In addition to jail time, I hope the FA sues him for as much as possible.
Per the article, AA says "the attack was not mask-related", the reference to it being mask-related was only made by the witness. So we don't know what the reasons were yet.

Regardless, the attacker needs to be prosecuted under every statute possible. Permanent no-fly list is just for starters.

As an aside, something I found strange--the picture of the suspect (appears to be cuffed) in the cbslocal article was taken by the same person quoted in the article as being a passenger on the flight. So how did she take the picture at the gate in DEN, did all the passengers have to deplane? And why is another passenger allowed to sit that close to him? Or was that picture taken pre-flight at JFK? (and majorly coincidental if it was)
onanisland, FAA1996 and becks1 like this.

Last edited by Maxwell Smart; Oct 28, 2021 at 7:12 am
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
They mentioned alcohol was related so there goes alcohol for Y for another year.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by enviroian
They mentioned alcohol was related so there goes alcohol for Y for another year.
But again, the problem is airport bars. Just look at the post in the alcohol thread in which an airport bar at PNS has an ad board encouraging people to take drinks in a a go cup that can be consumed at the gate.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:41 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by enviroian
The passenger was "reportedly" traveling in either Business or First. From the video it looks like they were in the first row of Business.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
As an aside, something I found strange--the picture of the suspect (appears to be cuffed) in the cbslocal article was taken by the same person quoted in the article as being a passenger on the flight. So how did she take the picture at the gate in DEN, did all the passengers have to deplane? And why is another passenger allowed to sit that close to him? Or was that picture taken pre-flight at JFK? (and majorly coincidental if it was)
I was intrigued by that too.

Seems like, the passenger sitting near him in the terminal was traveling with him. In the video, the female passenger is seen disembarking while the other passengers booed.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by knit-in
I was intrigued by that too.

Seems like, the passenger sitting near him in the terminal was traveling with him. In the video, the female passenger is seen disembarking while the other passengers booed.
This is correct. The video shows both the suspect and his companion being removed from the aircraft. He was then presumably directed to sit down on that seat, probably while the police gathered needed information for processing. His companion is not seated directly next to him but a few seats away, which also makes sense.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Did this flight go anywhere near or through Miami?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by AADFW
This is correct. The video shows both the suspect and his companion being removed from the aircraft. He was then presumably directed to sit down on that seat, probably while the police gathered needed information for processing. His companion is not seated directly next to him but a few seats away, which also makes sense.
Oh. I haven't seen the video, didn't know that the person in the peach-colored top was the attacker's traveling companion, I thought it was just some random passenger that sat near him.

Funny how one news station reports that AA said it was mask-related, while another reports that AA says it WASN'T mask-related. Guess it's still early to have all the facts sorted out.
(updated- CBS in LA reporting this morning that AA is again saying they believe this was NOT mask-related)

And I guess I'm assuming all the pax had to deplane in DEN in order for Ms. Rose to take that photo of the attacker.

Last edited by Maxwell Smart; Oct 28, 2021 at 8:22 am
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
But again, the problem is airport bars. Just look at the post in the alcohol thread in which an airport bar at PNS has an ad board encouraging people to take drinks in a a go cup that can be consumed at the gate.
The problem is the lack of ability to enjoy drinks reasonably on board, as we have done for many years prior to late 2020. The alternative now is to load up at the bar on the ground and then board. I bet most people would take it alot easier on the ground at the bar if they knew they could have a beer or two once on board.. but.. nope!
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Absolutely appalling.

Crew should never be subjected to this kind of abuse. Throw the book at this guy.
Daze, clbish, Tanic and 7 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.