Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

The line at D28 at DFW for Hawaii vaccine checks extends back to D31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

Does anyone know if there’s anywhere else in DFW to get a wristband or a priority line anywhere?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Ok it’s actually moving at a decent pace

Old Oct 23, 2021, 10:07 am

I saw mention on one of the travel forums that some Airlines were letting them be picked up in the Clubs.

American wasn't specifically mentioned -- vague recall it was United and maybe one other -- but if I ended up going on my Hawaii trip next month I was going to check just in case it was a little known AA option.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
I saw mention on one of the travel forums that some Airlines were letting them be picked up in the Clubs.

American wasn't specifically mentioned -- vague recall it was United and maybe one other -- but if I ended up going on my Hawaii trip next month I was going to check just in case it was a little known AA option.
ha, this is an actual Twitter exchange I had with AA just moments ago:

Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:25 am
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by donotblink
Ok it’s actually moving at a decent pace

Sorry off topic, but you were literally standing right next to me waiting at D31 to LGA. Wild.
I saw this line and didn't realize what it is for. Terrible experience.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DreAAmliner
Sorry off topic, but you were literally standing right next to me waiting at D31 to LGA. Wild.
I saw this line and didn't realize what it is for. Terrible experience.
wild, I just came from LGA too…AA 123 to HNL has a mechanical delay so just sitting on the plane on the apron right now. Luckily I scored a F seat on the 77W!
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Having a check available in A would be a good idea since some HI flights depart from there also.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:43 pm

LAX does them in the Admiral’s club as well as the designated area. Maybe DFW does as well.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Hawaii is so 2020

Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by brodielayne
LAX does them in the Admiral’s club as well as the designated area. Maybe DFW does as well.
This is all new to me as last time I went to Hawaii, they did the checks upon landing in OGG. Which AC does the checks and gives the wristbands? T4 or T5? I'll be flying to LIH in a few weeks with my parents so want to make the process as seamless as possible.
brodielayne likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
This is all new to me as last time I went to Hawaii, they did the checks upon landing in OGG. Which AC does the checks and gives the wristbands? T4 or T5? I'll be flying to LIH in a few weeks with my parents so want to make the process as seamless as possible.
The T4 staff told me when I checked in at the Admiral's Club, after I waited what felt like forever at the designated area. Shame the check-in agent did not mention it.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There was a queue and it moved quickly/ Not sure what the issue is.
FAA1996 and iadisgreat like this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 6:13 pm
Suspended

I miss the old days where when you travelled to Hawaii you just got on the plane like any other domestic destination.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 7:01 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I've gotten wristbands pre-departure roughly 10 times and been cleared in Hawaii (pre-wristband program) roughly 10 times and the airlines are light-years quicker. The staff on the ground in Hawaii were just totally inept. They'd literally just stare at my paperwork for a minute+ several times looking for different info. I'm usually on Alaska and it's +/- a 15 second process. They scan my QR code look up my saved/uploaded vax card and I'm off. The lines at the terminal can look daunting by they move quite quickly.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaMD88
I miss the old days where when you travelled to Hawaii you just got on the plane like any other domestic destination.
The sooner everyone's vaccinated, the sooner we don't need to verify anymore.
​​​​
mtofell, Spiff, formeraa and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.