Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

International downgrade from Flagship Business to A321

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International downgrade from Flagship Business to A321

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2021, 5:54 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I would be super chapped considering I'm on this exact same flights this month, on the redeye and it's been 787 the whole time both ways... This is a nice shorter route that offers full intl flagship service onboard nowadays(2 meals, full blanket set). I picked AA to Lima over other lie flat choices on UA/DL because of this.

If it changed to a321, I'd reroute through DFW-MIA on 772/77w/787, MIA-LIM on 787 so I wouldn't have to fly the narrowbody if I can. MIA-LIM full service, plus you'll get open FL. worth the detour.

That's such a downgrade and unenjoyable experience. Very sorry to hear OP. even an evening flight or daytime, one might want to take a nap or at least have that option!

Last edited by SKYEG; Oct 11, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SKYEG
I would be super chapped considering I'm on this exact same flights this month, on the redeye and it's been 787 the whole time both ways... This is a nice shorter route that offers full intl flagship service onboard nowadays(2 meals, full blanket set). I picked AA to Lima over other lie flat choices on UA/DL because of this.

If it changed to a321, I'd reroute through DFW-MIA on 772/77w/787, MIA-LIM on 787 so I wouldn't have to fly the narrowbody if I can. MIA-LIM full service, plus you'll get open FL. worth the detour.

That's such a downgrade and unenjoyable experience. Very sorry to hear OP. even an evening flight or daytime, one might want to take a nap or at least have that option!
Thank you for your kind words. Sadly both DFW-LIM and MIA-LIM and returns have both been downgauged to A321neos for my travel dates. May I ask what “open FL” refers to?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:55 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
May I ask what “open FL” refers to?
An open Flagship lounge.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by S80
An open Flagship lounge.
Ahhh - gotcha. Thank you!
Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:43 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Uh-oh. Here comes the AA noob in me. I just assumed IFE up front, but a quick check on SeatGuru disabused me of that notion. Not liking much about AA from this (admittedly limited) experience. Pity DL is so much more expensive…
FYI - The aircraft has an onboard IFE server that is free to stream to your own device. If you plan on watching/listening to their content, make sure you download the AA app to your mobile device before traveling because the content streams through it.
DeltaFan4Now likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.