Wiki Posts
Search

FLL vs MIA cost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
So you're looking at a $80 seat difference. Honestly, for a 5 hour flight, you're talking about effectively a domestic first class seat (on the 77W) versus a garbage seat on a 737-800 (this is assuming I'm looking at the 1155 redeye to FLL).

I would vote for a PE seat on the 777W 95% of the time. If both are redeyes, I will vote for the PE seat 100% of the time. Some sleep versus fitful sleep (at best).
yeah true

Originally Posted by PHL
Hands down stick with the PE seats.

Have you checked EF for C inventory? Depending on how you value it, it may be worth the 15,000 points + $75 to upgrade to J at least on the red eye leg. Of course, that adds up if you are doing it for multiple people in your party. I did this on a future solo PHL-LAX 787 booking in November. Base fare was $125 + $150 upgrade copay + 30K miles (RT), so it was a no brainer for full lie flat business class, including red eye return.
I can try but I’ve already wasted my free trial a while ago and don’t have the service

Originally Posted by wrp96
I would stick with MIA for the better seat and better plane. As an arrival airport, I've found that FLL is just as bad an arrival airport as MIA, and then if you add the extra transit time (for both you and your family), your savings start whittling down.
my travel partner and I haven’t really been to Mia in a while so yeah we didn’t know the situation

Last edited by Microwave; Sep 21, 2021 at 12:57 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts for readability
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:24 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
I can try but I’ve already wasted my free trial a while ago and don’t have the service
If you wish to post the dates/flight numbers, one of us can check. You can alternatively just call AA since you've already got the flight booked (and therefore, no reason to look for flights with C before booking them to request upgrade).
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by PHL
Hands down stick with the PE seats.

Have you checked EF for C inventory? Depending on how you value it, it may be worth the 15,000 points + $75 to upgrade to J at least on the red eye leg. Of course, that adds up if you are doing it for multiple people in your party. I did this on a future solo PHL-LAX 787 booking in November. Base fare was $125 + $150 upgrade copay + 30K miles (RT), so it was a no brainer for full lie flat business class, including red eye return.
no space on the way there. In c

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.