Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Book an AA flight with *most* Mastercards today through Sept 30, get a $50 voucher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book an AA flight with *most* Mastercards today through Sept 30, get a $50 voucher

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...

Book an AA flight with *most* Mastercards today through Sept 30, get a $50 voucher for a SECOND flight. The terms suggest most Mastercards work including debit cards, but then it also says no Pin-Based transaction Mastercards, so I don't know if Bank of America basic cards work, or, say, my Venmo card. One per person, but you could book a flight for 4 people and earn 4 codes/vouchers.

https://aaoffer.mastercard.us/

Full FAQs and terms:

FAQs

1. Am I eligible if I do not book my trip on AA.com using my $50 promo code and complete my trip by 3/15/22?
    No, entrant must book their trip on AA.com using their $50 promo code and have completed their trip by 3/15/22.
  2. Can I combine my $50 promo code on AA.com with Trip Credits and Flight Credits?
    No.
  3. Can I receive more than one $50 promo code?
    No, only one $50 promo code per eligible entrant. There can be multiple $50 promo codes awarded per reservation, as multiple AAdvantage® members in a single reservation can each register for the promotion and qualify for their own $50 promo codes. For example, if I book 4 tickets and register all 4 AAdvantage® members, all 4 travelers in my reservation will receive $50 promo codes.
  4. Can I use the promo code more than once?
    No, the $50 promo code is a one-time use code.

Offer Terms & Conditions

For the purpose of this Offer, Mastercard use includes purchase transactions initiated by Mastercard consumer debit, credit and small business cards, as described below. PIN-Based Debit, International, and Mastercard® Corporate Transactions are not eligible. This Offer may be canceled or postponed by Sponsor, at any time, in its sole discretion, due to the ongoing pandemic (e.g., Coronavirus/COVID-19).

Offer: If an Eligible Entrant registers and books a flight on AA.com between 8/23/21 and 9/30/21 and pays with a MasterCard, they will receive a $50 incentive code for a second trip to be booked on AA.com and completed between 11/11/21-3/15/22 (“Offer”).

Eligibility: The Mastercard – American Airlines Offer ("Offer") is open only to individuals who are at the time/date of submission: 1) Mastercard cardholder; 2) AAdvantage Member; 2) legal permanent residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; and 3) legal age of majority (which is eighteen (18) in most states, but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska, and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) in their state of jurisdiction of residence (“Eligible Entrant”). For purposes of these Terms, the following parties are considered the “Released Parties”: Mastercard International Incorporated (“Sponsor” or “Mastercard”), Mastercard customer financial institutions, credit unions, alliances, processors (collectively, “Mastercard FI”); American Airlines, Inc. (“American Airlines”) and teamDigital Promotions, Inc. (“Administrator”); and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, retailers, distributors, subsidiaries, Gift providers and advertising/promotion agencies. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in this Offer, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Terms and by the interpretation of these Terms by Sponsor and Administrator and by the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects; and (b) acknowledge he/she are in compliance with these Terms.

Offer Period: The Offer begins at 12:00:01AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 8/23/21 and ends at 11:59:59PM ET on 9/30/21, or while supplies last, whichever comes first (“Offer Period”).

How to Qualify for Offer: During the Offer Period, Mastercard cardholders must:

Register to participate at http://aaoffer.mastercard.us/register and include the following information as a part of the registration: First and Last Name, Email address, and AAdvantage Frequent Flyer Number). NOTE: If you are not an AAdvantage Member, before registering to participate in this Offer, you must first sign up to become an AAdvantage Frequent Flyer Member online by visiting: https://www.aa.com/loyalty/enrollment/enroll; and; 2) Book a flight on AA.com using an eligible Mastercard card (“Card”) during the Offer Period.

Purchase transactions involving PIN-based Debit and international transactions, or other transactions requiring a PIN for completion, are not eligible for this Offer. Purchases made from corporate cards, international cards, unauthorized card use or those made with lost, stolen or fraudulent cards, or from transactions that require a PIN for completion are void. Only purchase transactions made with an eligible Card for an account that is in good standing at time of purchase and issued by Sponsor to an identifiable Card holder (as set forth herein) and that are processed and submitted through Mastercard International Incorporated’s U.S. transaction processing system during the Promo Period are eligible for this Offer.

Gift Details: Upon completion of this process (and verification by Sponsor), the $50 incentive codes (“Gift”) will be emailed to the first 100,000 Eligible Entrants who qualify. Eligible Entrant will receive their Gift on or about 11/11/21, or six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the Offer Period has ended. Eligible Entrants who receive the Gift can use it towards the purchase of their next AA flight on AA.com while supplies last. Eligible Entrant can use the Gift when purchasing their next AA flight on AA.com from 11/11/21 – 3/15/22. Eligible Entrant must book their trip on AA.com using their Gift and have completed their trip by 3/15/22. Gift is valid for reservations made in the U.S. on flights opersated by American Airlines and/or American Eagle originating in the US48, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. One (1) Gift per Eligible Entrant. Minimum Fare Value of $60 in order for the Gift to apply. Taxes and fees apply. Cannot combine with any other discounts, including Trip Credits and Flight Credits. Only applicable for tickets purchased on AA.com. If the number of Gifts issued exceeds the number of Gifts available, for any reason, including technical, computer, seeding, human or other errors, the Released Parties reserve the right to award the listed number of Gifts based on time and date stamp of registration. Gift will be awarded to the account holder. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption or substitution of Gifts except by Sponsor due to Gift unavailability, or other reasons determined by Sponsor, and then for a Gift of equal/greater value. Offer Gift may not be redeemed for cash. The Released Parties are not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen Gifts. If any Gift is not used in its entirety, the unused part of the card will be forfeited, and the Released Parties will have no further obligation.

Privacy: The participation in this Offer constitutes your agreement and consent to these Terms, participation in this Offer and your consent for Sponsor and Administrator to obtain, use, and transfer your name, email, phone number and other information for the purpose of administering this Offer, awarding the Gifts and to comply with applicable legal requirements.

Miscellaneous: Released Parties are not responsible for late, illegible, lost, stolen, incomplete, late, misdirected, mutilated, delayed, garbled, damaged, inaccurate or undelivered Gifts or other communications or information (collectively, “Data”), defect/delay in transmission or communication; inaccurate or incomplete information; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Data; or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes; failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the Internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Offer, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Offer, the cancellation or postponement of the Offer, for any injury or damage to any participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device relating to or resulting from participation in this Offer, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these Terms or other Offer-related materials; electronic equipment, computer hardware or software failures; or inaccurate Gift and/or other information, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error, or otherwise. Sponsor and Mastercard may, in its sole discretion, may void Gift(s) believed to exhibit fraudulent behavior or any attempt to corrupt or impair Offer administration, security, fairness or proper administration. The Released Parties are not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen Gifts or any Gift that is undeliverable or does not reach the recipient because of an incorrect or changed address. The Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in an recipients email account to receive email messages. In the event the Released Parties are prevented from continuing with the Offer by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, pandemic, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Offer by any party, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Released Parties’ control (each, a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), the Released Parties shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Offer. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Terms and agree that Released Parties and their designees and assigns and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents shall have no liability and agree to waive, release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, liability, costs (including attorneys’ fees), losses, damages, fines or injuries (up to and including bodily injury and death) of any kind arising out of or related to: (i) participation in the Offer; (ii) any acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Gift (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to consumer’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, including those arising from any travel to/from any Gift event or activity); (iii) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; and (iv) any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Offer activity and/or Gift. The Offer is subject to Sponsor's and Mastercard’s sole discretion and may be modified or terminated at any time without notice. In addition, Eligible Entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator. Sponsor can void Offer from any individual(s) believed to exhibit fraudulent behavior or any attempt to corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper administration of this Offer. Except where prohibited by law, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Offer shall be resolved individually, without resort to any class action, exclusively by the courts located in the judicial district of Fairfield County, Connecticut. All issues concerning the construction, validity, and interpretation of these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut (and federal laws, as applicable), without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would result in the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the laws of the State of Connecticut and applicable federal laws. BY PARTICIPATING, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE OFFER, OR ANY GIFT AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (D) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the documents or any provision hereof. In the event that any provision of the Terms is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Released Parties’ failure to enforce any term of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Participants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Terms. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Offer-related materials, privacy policy or terms of use on any website, social media platform or application and/or the terms and conditions of the Terms, the Terms shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Released Parties’ sole and absolute discretion. These are the terms and conditions that are applicable to the Offer, which may be revoked by Sponsor, including the reduction or elimination of Gifts, at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.

Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.

All third-party trademarks belong to their respective owners.

The use of any non-Sponsor trademarks, service marks, logos, or other marks in connection with this Offer or any Gift is not meant by Sponsor to imply the endorsement of the respective owner(s) of such marks, or any affiliation of the respective owner(s) of such marks with Offer advertisements or the Offer.

Sponsor: Mastercard International Incorporated, 2000 Purchase Street, Purchase, NY 10577.

Administrator: teamDigital Promotions, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd., Bethel, CT 06801, www.teamDigital.com.
corky and jpschoubert like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Not sure if you can book a trip, get a code, and then cancel/change the trip for credit but someone could try it. I have 13 flights booked in September+1st Week of October on American and Alaska but I don't know if I care to take the time on this one... getting 13 flights scheduled was hard enough.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:46 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
sweet promo
Old Aug 23, 2021, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I would do it, if I didn't have so much in flight credits, trip credits, and evouchers
dw and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
I don't even have aadvantage account, and I don't want to open that Pandora's box..
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
The way I read it, there’s no minimum ticket purchase to qualify, right? If I buy a $39 one way ticket, I’ll still get the $50 discount (to apply to a new ticket $60 or more).
Old Aug 23, 2021, 4:09 pm

Doesn’t mention anything about flying the booked trip. Guess one could just book a flight and then cancel it and get it as future credit.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Aero137
The way I read it, there’s no minimum ticket purchase to qualify, right? If I buy a $39 one way ticket, I’ll still get the $50 discount (to apply to a new ticket $60 or more).
I think that's right. And $39 is about the lowest fares that exist I think? MIA-ATL is routinely $39.40... might book a couple of those just to get the promo codes
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I think that's right. And $39 is about the lowest fares that exist I think? MIA-ATL is routinely $39.40... might book a couple of those just to get the promo codes
Not that I'm judging, but is all that work is really worth $10.60? 😎
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dordal
Not that I'm judging, but is all that work is really worth $10.60? 😎
It’s still worth $50, take a little bit. If I choose not to fly the $39 flight, I can still get that back as credit for a future flight too. I fly AA enough that I’ll will use the original ticket for something in the next few months. I just am out the interest I would make on it (so… pennies).
GUWonder and platbrownguy like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Aero137
It’s still worth $50, take a little bit. If I choose not to fly the $39 flight, I can still get that back as credit for a future flight too. I fly AA enough that I’ll will use the original ticket for something in the next few months. I just am out the interest I would make on it (so… pennies).
This.

The reason to book now rather than later is that the promo is limited to the first 100,000 participants. So I'm going to book a ticket. But I don't have one I need to book right now. So if I'm going to book a ticket that I plan to cancel, I might as well book the cheapest one out there. It also reduces exposure in the very unlikely event that I forget to use the credit. And it essentially guarantees that I won't have to deal with a residual credit.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Do award ticket fees and taxes count?
nk15 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:03 pm

I don't see any upgrade language in the terms, thoughts on yow an upgrade looks? I booked a flight sdf to lga on the 21st in y. I would cancel and rebook, but the price has gone up more than $50. A F upgrade is still reasonable, but I'm not sure if an upgrade will reteigger the entire purchase with a valid booking date for the promo, or if it's coded as an ancillary charge.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Nevermind, delete me.

Last edited by bchandler02; Aug 24, 2021 at 9:27 am
Old Aug 24, 2021, 8:27 am

Well I just registered and booked a $39 flight LAX-SFO for next year.
Hope I'll get the $50.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.