Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW-CDG nonstop (#s 48 & 49) no longer operating after 11/17/21

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me

Woke up this morning to find that AA had changed our 12/15/21 nonstop to Paris on #48 to a CNX thru MIA. Called from Paris, to find out, and according to the EXP lady, AA will not be operating any nonstops DFW-CDG after 11/17/21 through the foreseeable future.

I have been in France for a month, returning 11/19, and havent seen much US news. Am I missing something? No big deal, and dont mind MIA.

Trip report upon my return. Staying at The CDG airport Sheraton tonight, just to reduce some of the anticipated angst.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:06 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
I have been in France for a month, returning 11/19, and havent seen much US news. Am I missing something?
I don't think AA's schedule changes are related to anything newsworthy. They have simply canceled a bunch of European routes over the winter, and it has affected pretty much every AA hub and major European focus cities in one way or another.
A bunch of these recent changes are discussed here: Big AA International service / schedule changes through summer 2021
writerguyfl and JJeffrey like this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The restaurant at the CDG Sheraton is really good! Our only experience of Paris was an overnight at CDG, staying at the Sheraton. Best Sheraton Hotel Restaurant food Ive ever had.
Dallas49er likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Woke up this morning to find that AA had changed our 12/15/21 nonstop to Paris on #48 to a CNX thru MIA. Called from Paris, to find out, and according to the EXP lady, AA will not be operating any nonstops DFW-CDG after 11/17/21 through the foreseeable future.

I have been in France for a month, returning 11/19, and havent seen much US news. Am I missing something? No big deal, and dont mind MIA.

Trip report upon my return. Staying at The CDG airport Sheraton tonight, just to reduce some of the anticipated angst.
This is being talked about in the International route changes thread....lots of international cuts for the winter. My CDG-ORD flight got cancelled so I had a choice of CDG-JFK or CDG-MIA and since I'm traveling on to PDX, JFK was the better choice. We're use to the periodic international flight cancellations, but what really surprised me is how many of flights around the busier holiday season were cancelled and I always thought the DFW-Europe flights would be the last to be cut.
Dallas49er likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
This is being talked about in the International route changes thread....lots of international cuts for the winter. My CDG-ORD flight got cancelled so I had a choice of CDG-JFK or CDG-MIA and since I'm traveling on to PDX, JFK was the better choice. We're use to the periodic international flight cancellations, but what really surprised me is how many of flights around the busier holiday season were cancelled and I always thought the DFW-Europe flights would be the last to be cut.
I am quite surprised that, for CDG, #1 hub DFW got cut over MIA.

The cuts aren't surprising. Travel to Europe is still quite limited and with the prospect of further tightening due to the delta onwards variants, it could be even less.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by Antarius

The cuts aren't surprising. Travel to Europe is still quite limited and with the prospect of further tightening due to the delta onwards variants, it could be even less.
Im surprised, too. Perhaps Skycity is expecting another world lockdown, but hedging their bets.

Were finishing up a month here in France, and the (American) tourist count the whole time has been very low.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Also, surprised it's the DFW-CDG flight that gets cut. I've got great memories flying AA48/AA49 over the last two decades. Hopefully this flight will return next year on a permanent basis.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Also, surprised it's the DFW-CDG flight that gets cut. I've got great memories flying AA48/AA49 over the last two decades. Hopefully this flight will return next year on a permanent basis.

-FlyerBeek
I'm sure AA will eventually restore these flights once demand comes back and Covid is better handled in Europe.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
This actually isn't overly surprising to me. MIA-PAR on its own is a larger market than DFW-PAR, so it's likely most of this traffic was connections which can mostly be fed via MIA or PHL instead.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by cmd320
This actually isn't overly surprising to me. MIA-PAR on its own is a larger market than DFW-PAR, so it's likely most of this traffic was connections which can mostly be fed via MIA or PHL instead.
Fair point though given the high fares with even Basic was like $2K round-trip this past summer and the decent load factors they had (my friend had a sick sibling and often flew DFW-CDG and she said the flights were fairly full in Y), I wonder if they cancelled them just out of precaution believing demand isn't quite there now but without these flights having achieved worse yields than other international ones out of DFW.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
I think PHL got cancelled too so we're left with MIA or JFK.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first
I'm sure AA will eventually restore these flights once demand comes back and Covid is better handled in Europe.
Maybe if USA is open to more Europeans flights maybe demand would be maintained? Although frankly not that many people are keen going stateside either! Had a chuckle about COVID to be better handled in Europe...can't say America is a shining example! 🤪
Old Aug 21, 2021, 4:20 pm

Programs: PSA, Air Cal, Tarom Glam Miles (pre-devaluation)
My DFW-CDG flight is still on the schedule for 1/6/22. Really hoping it stays because I'd hate to get routed through LHR.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by renila
My DFW-CDG flight is still on the schedule for 1/6/22. Really hoping it stays because I'd hate to get routed through LHR.
ExpertFlyer shows the flight starting again on 1/4/22. Looks like theyre hoping demand will be there after the holidays.
renila likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger
ExpertFlyer shows the flight starting again on 1/4/22. Looks like theyre hoping demand will be there after the holidays.
January isn't exactly high season in France.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.