Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know why AA175 from DFW to HND is not bookable for March 15,2022??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2021, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avios

4 of us are booked on this flight and we have gotten another couple to join us on the trip but when they try and book this flight it does not show as bookable.Only the earlier 787 flight to Narita can be booked.When I check my reservation they have not cancelled the flight?? At least I think they have not as all looks good with the reservations.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tilto007
4 of us are booked on this flight and we have gotten another couple to join us on the trip but when they try and book this flight it does not show as bookable.Only the earlier 787 flight to Narita can be booked.When I check my reservation they have not cancelled the flight?? At least I think they have not as all looks good with the reservations.
It's zeroed out in all fare buckets, which likely means it's going to be cancelled in an upcoming schedule change.

C0 J0 R0 D0 I0 W0 P0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 G0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
It's zeroed out in all fare buckets, which likely means it's going to be cancelled in an upcoming schedule change.

C0 J0 R0 D0 I0 W0 P0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 G0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0
Wow that sucks, I really hope that you are wrong as I do not want a different routing. When do you think that I will know for sure if it is being cancelled??
Old Aug 16, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
AA typically loads schedule changes on Saturday nights. Check next Sunday.
Carfield, Antarius and Tilto007 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Wow that sucks, I really hope that you are wrong as I do not want a different routing. When do you think that I will know for sure if it is being cancelled??
I think some of the DFW-HND flights are going to less than daily, so it may operate on different days of the week. If you have flexibility in the travel date, certainly worth double-checking that once the schedule change properly loads.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, SQ, UA, DL, WN
Yeah, it doesn't look like anything is bookable (DFW-HND or LAX-HND) at the moment before ~ April 1, 2022, although I have reservations still showing in app for my flights in February. Curious to see what happens. Got cheap flights ($250) to Tokyo and would be okay if they let us rebook later in 2022 but doubt they'll give us an option of anything but a credit. Haha,

I can understand with current COVID restrictions to pull flights but going 8 months out is a long time.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 5:04 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
AA 60/61 (DFW-NRT) also seem to be zeroed out for these dates (and I'm booked on it!).

It's kind of amazing AA might pull out of Japan entirely from September 17 to March 27. It's possible that they need the capacity deployed elsewhere though, and JAL does fly all of those routes.
Carfield likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WhereAmIHeading
Yeah, it doesn't look like anything is bookable (DFW-HND or LAX-HND) at the moment before ~ April 1, 2022, although I have reservations still showing in app for my flights in February. Curious to see what happens. Got cheap flights ($250) to Tokyo and would be okay if they let us rebook later in 2022 but doubt they'll give us an option of anything but a credit. Haha,

I can understand with current COVID restrictions to pull flights but going 8 months out is a long time.
We also did well pricewise as we got the one way from MIA to HND for $89.00. We are using JAL from KIX to LAX to MIA for a 60k business class redemption to get back home. 8 months out is way too early for AA to throw in the towel on Japan. Hopefully we will have some clarity soon as I will need to make other arrangements to get there.
WhereAmIHeading likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I don't really see AA pulling out of Japan entirely for 6 months - especially since they've been flying there consistently throughout the pandemic. I imagine they're going to cancel one of the DFW-TYO flights (likely HND) and they've got both flights zeroed out right now until they figure that out and accomodate all the passengers on the other Tokyo flight.

I think demand will be very slow to ramp back up once Japan is finally reopened (hopefully in 2022) and the frequencies we've seen in the past across all carriers (for example 9x daily LAX-TYO flights pre-pandemic across AA/UA/DL/JL/NH/SQ) will be very slow to come back. FWIW, JL also has a number of U.S. flights loaded but zeroed out into early-2022.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 16, 2021, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
We also did well pricewise as we got the one way from MIA to HND for $89.00. We are using JAL from KIX to LAX to MIA for a 60k business class redemption to get back home. 8 months out is way too early for AA to throw in the towel on Japan. Hopefully we will have some clarity soon as I will need to make other arrangements to get there.
That is insanely cheap. Wow
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
You do realize that at this point travel for tourism purposes is basically -not- permitted to Japan? That has no changed since COVID kicked off. To wit:

"The Government of Japan continues to enforce strict travel regulations that bar most foreigners from newly entering into Japan. Foreign tourists and non-resident foreign business travelers remain prohibited from entering Japan. Japanese citizens and foreign residents with a reentry permit are generally allowed to reenter Japan but must comply with strict pre- and post- travel testing requirements and quarantine upon arrival. Regardless of the international point of origin, all travelers entering Japan remain subject to a 14-day self-quarantine upon arrival and are prohibited from using public transportation to include domestic flights, taxis, and rail."

Thats one reason why the airlines were offering those insanely low fares back in the late spring. Nothing's changed.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I really don't see this working out too well. Keeping a $89 fare to Japan with low capacity and tourism travel...
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:35 am
VFR

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I really don't see this working out too well. Keeping a $89 fare to Japan with low capacity and tourism travel...
JAL is flying a pretty hefty schedule to the US, likely for cargo reasons, so I don't think capacity is going to be a huge issue.

Everyone who bought these fares is betting that Japan will open its borders to foreigners by the time of travel -- I bought a similar fare for late February ($245 RT). Eight months ago the US was experiencing its highest peak of COVID, and now Europe just opened to us, so it's quite possible Japan will by next year.

If we're wrong, then we'll have a bunch of small AA flight credits to use. If the schedule changes, we'll get refunds to original form of payment instead.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
How did you get an $89 ticket to Japan?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 5:30 am
VFR

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
How did you get an $89 ticket to Japan?
A fare war between United and American.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.