Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 requal via $15K credit card spend

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
No. I cleared the $15K threshold a few weeks ago, but no SWUs. AA updated my expiration date within about two days.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
I'm on day 5 of waiting for my status to be extended until 2023. AA.com showed that I achieved the $15,000 in spend on Saturday....it is now Wednesday.

I just got off the phone with the AAdvantage desk and was told that it could take 4-6 weeks for the extension to be processed. This is confusing since the AA.com site says this under the promo tracker: 'May take 24 hours to appear in account' ......This is strange wording since they don't specify WHAT exactly takes 24 hours to appear....is it mile postings? updates to the promo tracker? status extension?

Has anyone else been waiting for the status extension as long as me?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
The credit card spend update should be tied to your credit card statement close. AA should get it a day or two after your cc statement closes.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by ramcm7
The credit card spend update should be tied to your credit card statement close. AA should get it a day or two after your cc statement closes.
No, I'm all set with AA getting the spend. aa.com says that I have achieved the $15k spend. The multi-day wait is for my status to actually updated to a Jan 2023 expiration.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Not sure how long it takes, but my status already reflects through "Jan 31, 2023".
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:59 am
LTH

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum
I made a major purchase on July 13, which was charged to the statement closing on July 15, and the corresponding miles earned show up on AA.com transactions on July 15. Does this still count towards the requirement? (The rules says it counts purchases between July 15 and Nov 15)
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by LTH
I made a major purchase on July 13, which was charged to the statement closing on July 15, and the corresponding miles earned show up on AA.com transactions on July 15. Does this still count towards the requirement? (The rules says it counts purchases between July 15 and Nov 15)
You have to under "Promotions" in your account to see what spend is reflexed for this promotion. If it counted, it would be reflexed there. My wife had spend that was made before the 7/15 that counted because her CC closed after 7/15.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by rikramer
No, I'm all set with AA getting the spend. aa.com says that I have achieved the $15k spend. The multi-day wait is for my status to actually updated to a Jan 2023 expiration.
My wife is in the same situation. It shows as of Saturday, under Promotions, that she achieved the spend level but the date of her EXP status has not been updated yet.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Paying the card is one hurdle. Updating the payment at Citi is another. The third is the information to get to AA. Each process took at least 2 weeks for me. It did happen and I got the EXP luggage tags and card last week but no certs or SWUs. They could have at least given certs. Except they hate their employees apparently because they won't get them hotel rooms during a lay over. At least when I was over night at the hospital I got a call room that got daily service.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by robertablake
My wife is in the same situation. It shows as of Saturday, under Promotions, that she achieved the spend level but the date of her EXP status has not been updated yet.

Yup, same here. My hope is that it gets updated in a weekly batch. We'll see I guess. It's been 5 days already.
robertablake likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Status extensions and requalification shortcuts do nothing for those of us with lifetime status. Our status is automatically extended anyway. AA should provide some love to LT GLDs and PLTs and provide some shortcuts for them to get to the next level.
robertablake likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
Originally Posted by rikramer
Yup, same here. My hope is that it gets updated in a weekly batch. We'll see I guess. It's been 5 days already.
similar for me. Hit $15k a couple weeks ago. I have the same “Congrats…” message, but my status expiration has not changed. Maybe because it really doesn’t matter right now.
robertablake likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
My statement closed on Wed putting me over $15k. Thursday Track your Progress said i had made it, but in my account PP status expired Jan 2022. This morning it is Jan 2023.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
My statement closed on Wed putting me over $15k. Thursday Track your Progress said i had made it, but in my account PP status expired Jan 2022. This morning it is Jan 2023.
Interesting, my wife's account is still Jan 2022 even though her CC closed, and Track Your Progress indicated achieving the 15k Target, was several days before yours
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by robertablake
Interesting, my wife's account is still Jan 2022 even though her CC closed, and Track Your Progress indicated achieving the 15k Target, was several days before yours
Same. My statement closed on September 17. Showed that I hit the threshold on September 18. Still hasn’t been updated to January 2023.
robertablake likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.