Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rechecked baggage in Miami

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2021, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Rechecked baggage in Miami

Hi, I'm flying via Miami from Panama to Qatar on American airlines & Qatar Airways. After going through customs in Miami and collecting my bags, do I have to recheck the bag in with Qatar Airways or can I use the American Airline recheck in near the baggage claim as it's on a code share. Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2021, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Regdive
Hi, I'm flying via Miami from Panama to Qatar on American airlines & Qatar Airways. After going through customs in Miami and collecting my bags, do I have to recheck the bag in with Qatar Airways or can I use the American Airline recheck in near the baggage claim as it's on a code share. Thanks
I doubt you will be able to do this, but I have never tried. Look at it this way, if you originated your trip in Miami, you would have to check in with Qatar.
But......... It will cost you nothing to try to give it to AA after clearing Customs

Last edited by mvoight; Aug 12, 2021 at 9:39 am
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Assuming your bag is tagged all the way to DOH then it should be no problem to drop it off at the baggage recheck area just after customs once you arrive in MIA.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 6:47 pm

No problem dropping off your bag at the connections drop off, it’s not exclusively an AA drop off. (If your bag is properly tagged.)
chrisny2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.