Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Needs to really step it up at the Admirals Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Needs to really step it up at the Admirals Club

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by apeortdz
He was there on 20Jul.
I can confirm the bird is still alive and well fed as of 30th of July.
renila, SPN Lifer, cedric and 13 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
Are they fattening it up before serving it as the "chicken" for the build your own penne alfredo?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Some of the clubs the crowds are out of control. I'm assuming these are cc holders. I'm convinced now that Doug Parker has managed to get a butt in every seat onto 99% of flights he called the team together and screamed "the ACs are next."

The poor staff can't keep up.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
The bird is still flying overhead in the PHL B/ C Admirals Club as of Noon today, August 5. Confirmed by an authorized cardholder LOLOLOLOL (But, seriously, the bird lives). Anyone know which species?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Or fattening it up for thanksgiving...
DLmedalliongold likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 6:17 pm

Speed Bird on the menu. And it is not BA flight 001 Concorde
Old Aug 5, 2021, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Being that it's PHL, I don't expect the club will ever look any better than it does now. It will be a slow death until the chairs resemble the seats on a SEPTA train...
Old Aug 5, 2021, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by VFR
The last time I was in the B/C Admirals Club, there was a bird flying around in it.

It remains to be seen if the Flagship Lounge in A is going to have half of it be an AC. My guess is no -- like JFK they will have too many eligible passengers for a small footprint.
I remember the bird - that was a fun to be around a bird, but the poor bird must have been terrified.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:33 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Why not just visit the Centurion Lounge?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:39 pm

Programs: Several
Welcome to domestic US lounges! I would say your experience is actually above average in cleanliness. Congrats! Try any other lounge to experience others!
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Check
Mods: Please rename this thread. Something like "PHL Admirals Club Bird Update" so people know where to find all the action.
I'm sorry. Have you not heard? I thought everybody's heard that the bird is the word.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by VFR
The last time I was in the B/C Admirals Club, there was a bird flying around in it.

It remains to be seen if the Flagship Lounge in A is going to have half of it be an AC. My guess is no -- like JFK they will have too many eligible passengers for a small footprint.
I was expecting to see a mouse in one of those photos. I encountered one of those scurrying across the PHL F club once.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SS255
I was expecting to see a mouse in one of those photos. I encountered one of those scurrying across the PHL F club once.
That’s just there to ensure you receive the full F experience.
SS255 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by SS255
Maybe AA brought in an actual eagle to deal with the mouse problem.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
Two things - it really doesn't cost much to clean the carpet which would be a nice improvement over it's current terrible condition... Maybe we start a go-fund-me for AA to rent a Rug Doctor from the local Wallgreens?

Second, there are airlines investing in their lounges right now. Delta announced in April it is building a brand new club on Concourse D in ATL to replace the existing smaller clubs, building a third Sky Club at MSP, added a second temporary club at LAX for extra space, opened a brand new club in FLL, is building a club at HND, and most importantly keeps their clubs spotlessly clean. I was at MSP C club recently and although it still is the same design as the old NW world club, everything was spotless and new furniture has replaced all of the old furniture since my last visit.

Cleaning a club doesn't cost a lot, and while AA may not invest in new furniture, they could at least spruce the place up a bit.
Delta also has a new fifth club coming online at DTW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.